Thread: Ashtaka Varga

Ashtaka Varga

Hari Om,

As we all know Ashtaka Varga is one of the method for understanding the strength of houses as well as planets.

Is it recommended to use this only for calculating the effects of Transists or this can be applied Birth Chart as well.

Does it has any other significance?

Om Tat Sat

Krishna

Re: Ashtaka Varga

Dear Krishna ji,

From reading in some Jyotish lists, ashtaka varga is to be used mainly for transit purposes only, and is significant especially in Jupiter and Saturn transits. I think you might know that if Jupiter or Saturn in their own ashtaka varga carry a bindu of 5 and above, will yield favorable results from their placement and aspect, provided such a result is granted by their transitory position too. I bet you know this already!

Thanks,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Ashtaka Varga

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Dear Krishna ji,

From reading in some Jyotish lists, ashtaka varga is to be used mainly for transit purposes only, and is significant especially in Jupiter and Saturn transits. I think you might know that if Jupiter or Saturn in their own ashtaka varga carry a bindu of 5 and above, will yield favorable results from their placement and aspect, provided such a result is granted by their transitory position too. I bet you know this already!

Thanks,

Viraja
    Dear Viraja Ji,

Thanks for your note. I do know this. But I'm seeing some of them are using this concept for evalauating houses in Rasi or D1 itself. I just want to understand whether this is a right approach or not.

Thanks
    Krishna

Thread Information