1] souls
    2] God

Advaitins believe :
    "WE BECOME GOD-LIKE "

But not God ? So there is still
    1] us
    2] God

where is the advaita?
    If I read and comprehend your post correctly, I'd offer this...

There is no difference between soul and God; we do not become god-like. There is no us and Him. Where do I get my support for this?
    It is said (in kaśmir śaivism) this Supreme independent (svātantrya) state of God Consciousness (caitanya) is the form¹.
    But the form of what? It is the 'form' of everything.
    This implies that solid ( body) or spiritual ( non-body) , material or non-material however subtle, has this form. It is the essence of everything, and this is the Supreme, Brahman.

iti śivaṁ

1. śiva sūtra-s , 1st verse.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Mukthi and self-realiazation

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

If I read and comprehend your post correctly, I'd offer this...

There is no difference between soul and God; we do not become god-like. There is no us and Him. Where do I get my support for this?
    It is said (in kaśmir śaivism) this Supreme independent (svātantrya) state of God Consciousness (caitanya) is the form¹.
    But the form of what? It is the 'form' of everything.
    This implies that solid ( body) or spiritual ( non-body) , material or non-material however subtle, has this form. It is the essence of everything, and this is the Supreme, Brahman.

iti śivaṁ

1. śiva sūtra-s , 1st verse.
    Namaste,

Thank You for the explanation. I agree I was just picking on Karthik for using those words casually the way he did.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut
    A jivan mukta will negate everything and say, I am Brahman. A videha mukta will not even say - I am Brahman.

According to Sri Ramana Maharshi, there is no difference in experience of the internal state

One question here. Does JivanMukta has a feeling of I am Brahman? If yes, then I don't think that there's not difference between Jivan and Videha mukta. I would call a state of Jivan Mukta as Brahmabhava, touching with Brahman's bliss, but not as a Brahmabhuta which is state wherein even feeling of I'm brahman also gets vanished. Then what remains completeness of Brahman. It is the state where Brahman itself doesn't know what's Brahman.

I may be wrong, Jivan Mukta who has still I, experiences Brahman however videha mukta becomes Brahman himself. Feeling of I'm Brahman is not a state of becoming Brahman.

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    One question here. Does JivanMukta has a feeling of I am Brahman? If yes, then I don't think that there's not difference between Jivan and Videha mukta. I would call a state of Jivan Mukta as Brahmabhava, touching with Brahman's bliss, but not as a Brahmabhuta which is state wherein even feeling of I'm brahman also gets vanished. Then what remains completeness of Brahman. It is the state where Brahman itself doesn't know what's Brahman.

I may be wrong, Jivan Mukta who has still I, experiences Brahman however videha mukta becomes Brahman himself. Feeling of I'm Brahman is not a state of becoming Brahman.
    Namaste HLK,

See, in advaita, there is no 'I' an dhence there is no duality. So in advaita there cannot be any teaching. How can one teach? s/he has to keep a pseudo ego. ISvara himself sends realized soul down to preach.

When not teaching anyone, one is absorbed in non-dual brahman. Maun is the only experience that is capable of describing brahman. But by being maun one cannot teach everybody.

Rest words are just relative. They are said in the same way as the shruti-vacans which describe non-duality.

Technically there is no difference in the experience of both.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Namaste HLK,

See, in advaita, there is no 'I' an dhence there is no duality. So in advaita there cannot be any teaching. How can one teach? s/he has to keep a pseudo ego. ISvara himself sends realized soul down to preach.

When not teaching anyone, one is absorbed in non-dual brahman. Maun is the only experience that is capable of describing brahman. But by being maun one cannot teach everybody.

Rest words are just relative. They are said in the same way as the shruti-vacans which describe non-duality.

Technically there is no difference in the experience of both.

Hari OM
    These Shastras and Puranas are subjects of Ignorant people and Vedas had to come at the level of Ignorant man, thinking according to Maya. Veda's secret is that it does nothing yet people think Veda gives Moksha. It's just a great illusion. See how mysterious this is, without doing anything it removes Maya. It uses Maya itself to remove Maya. It's just like removing one thorn by another thorn. Veda cleverly assume dualities and in the end merging all dualities in the Brahman becomes quite, without saying what actually is Brahman.

These all discourses , bhashya, theories of all sages and sants are ultimately false. Because this Brahman is not in scope of Speech. It always different from described imagined words. This doesn't mean that those sages or sant were not realised. The fact is that they already knew that this Brahman is out of the scope of speech. They discoursed counterpart of Ignorance, which is knowledge itself and this knowledge is as false as Ignorance. Whatever spoken by speech is always false. If there's not even Advaita, how can someone explain it in speech by logics or anuman. Never !

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    These Shastras and Puranas are subjects of Ignorant people and Vedas had to come at the level of Ignorant man, thinking according to Maya. Veda's secret is that it does nothing yet people think Veda gives Moksha. It's just a great illusion. See how mysterious this is, without doing anything it removes Maya. It uses Maya itself to remove Maya. It's just like removing one thorn by another thorn. Veda cleverly assume dualities and in the end merging all dualities in the Brahman becomes quite, without saying what actually is Brahman.

These all discourses , bhashya, theories of all sages and sants are ultimately false. Because this Brahman is not in scope of Speech. It always different from described imagined words. This doesn't mean that those sages or sant were not realised. The fact is that they already knew that this Brahman is out of the scope of speech. They discoursed counterpart of Ignorance, which is knowledge itself and this knowledge is as false as Ignorance. Whatever spoken by speech is always false. If there's not even Advaita, how can someone explain it in speech by logics or anuman. Never !
    Namaste,

What you say is correct, but sounds good from the mouth of GYAnI-s. As I am under ignorance, I will prefer to dive deep within and rise above duality and mAyA. SAstra-s are an authority on 'who to rise above mAyA'.

I prefer to sound positive and hence I like the way of Sri Ramana Maharshi.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information