The HINDU DHARMA FORUMS for discussion of Sanatana Dharma, Hindu Religion and Indian Culture. [link to HDF home]  

Go Back   Hindu Dharma Forums > General Discussion > I am a Hindu
Join Us! Rules/FAQ Library Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I am a Hindu Discuss your experiences, struggles and joys, in Hindu Dharma.

Loving God - Two ways

Old 18 February 2012, 12:01 PM
Older male native Hindu

Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !Believer is surely an avatara !
Re: Loving God - Two ways

Namaste Saidevo,

I bow to the higher wisdom of our shashtras, and thank you for taking the time to list the shalokas/text relevant to the issue. Ultimately the following goes a long way in reconciling the differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
......but in Hindu Dharma, there is no single set of directives that must suit everyone at different levels.
Anirvan, thank you for your inputs.

Pranam.
Old 19 February 2012, 05:17 AM

OjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowlotus View Post
I wonder the same thing. I think there is a 3rd way personally.
Yes there is. Adi Shankaracharya has put it in one of his prayers.
Old 19 February 2012, 05:36 AM

OjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharmaOjasM is progressing on the true path of dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namast

Could there be a 3rd way ? to adore Him as my very own Self? Then I carry the ~temple~ with me every moment
of every day no matter where I put my feet.

praṇām
It is in shiva manasa pooja by shankara
Old 05 March 2012, 03:18 PM

Miyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharmaMiyazaki is progressing on the true path of dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, some people love God as a parent. Their affection is proportional to how well they are taken care and how many of their demands are met. The relationship is like a business proposition. You give me this, this and this, and in return I will recognize your existence and care for/worship You. Any time the expectation is not met, prize not awarded, demands unfulfilled, the love and affection goes down a notch.
Thank you for your most illuminating thoughts. I realise now that this is how I approach God and I humbly believe this is a most unsatisfactory way in which to approach the almighty.

I will endeavour to be more humble in my approach to the Lord and try to accept what happens to me with gratitude.

Hari Om.