The HINDU DHARMA FORUMS for discussion of Sanatana Dharma, Hindu Religion and Indian Culture. [link to HDF home]  

Go Back   Hindu Dharma Forums > Lounge > Announcements
Join Us! Rules/FAQ Library Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Announcements For Announcements and general Notices.

Sūrya Namaskāra Yaja

Old 14 January 2012, 06:59 PM
Devakāma

Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !Arjuni is surely an avatara !
Sūrya Namaskāra Yaja

Namast, all,

I'm sorry I'm a little late in bringing this to everyone's attention; I was a part of this event in 2011, but forgot to bookmark the starting date (Makara Sankrānti) for 2012. However, since it's built upon weekly totals, it's not too late to start.

The point of this "yaja" is to offer to Sūrya as many namaskāras as possible each day, from January 14th to January 29th. It's a worldwide effort, with a goal of one million during the two-week period. (Last year's offering came pretty close to that number...) I found it to be a wonderful experience last year and am happy to be participating again this year.

You can read more and/or register here:

http://www.hssus.org/sny/

(Note: I'm not affiliated with this group in any way, just a participant!)

Indraneela
===
Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.