Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: continuum of consciousness

Re: continuum of consciousness

Hello Mana,

What a mathematical experience! This goes on to show the many ways we become conscious of Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    That sounds painful to me!
    And is there not sometimes pain in the swinging of the pendulum between bliss and suffering to which we are all subject?

I had hoped to find a three phase diagram rather than two, I fear that my wave picture above is rather lacking the satva guna.

Wave cancellation is elegantly demonstrated within Fourier theorem; this also shows that any signal can be broken down into the sum total of all its smallest parts; sine waves; otherwise said, vibrations or sound.

The third phase is the one which defines the wave; the parameters which specify how the wave may be broken down.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

3. Re: continuum of consciousness

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Equinox, ZarryT,

Ś
    iva is in and is every thing; but imagine my joy when I could finally give my experience a name and understand it from within this beautiful tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    And is there not sometimes pain in the swinging of the pendulum between bliss and suffering to which we are all subject?
    Are we all subject to this? I don't it see this way.

Might there be a 3rd axis to your pendulum? If so, by stopping its swinging motion; might these axis become more akin to a set of gimbals?

Are you familiar with the three guna? They are a fascinating subject; a must for any who experience clearly the swinging effect between happiness and sorrow.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 21 May 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    8i8

Namaste Mana,

By reading your experience and your hospitalisation I coudn't help remembering an old story read in my childhood, "The Country of the Blind" where the man with a vision is considered suffering from a serious disease ! so, sad !!

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Equinox, ZarryT,

Ś
    iva is in and is every thing; but imagine my joy when I could finally give my experience a name and understand it from within this beautiful tradition!

Are we all subject to this? I don't it see this way.

Might there be a 3rd axis to your pendulum? If so, by stopping its swinging motion; might these axis become more akin to a set of gimbals?

Are you familiar with the three guna? They are a fascinating subject; a must for any who experience clearly the swinging effect between happiness and sorrow.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Gimbals are a much more accurate model, the pendulum was merely a metaphor.

The third axis as you put it isn't a point through which the pendulum swings, but is the pin from which the pendulum hangs; freedom from suffering isn't to not suffer as such, but instead suffering becomes unserious for the sufferer, becomes part of the game.

So where for the unliberated, suffering appears as something which happens to the agent. For the liberated, the same suffering appears as a voluntary activity.

Just started reading on the three gunas, pretty interesting; the tamas guna, of destruction and obscurity, could perhaps shed light on the nature and purpose of suffering.

Freedom from suffering isn't to not suffer, but it is to see the purposes of suffering. I think, in a similar way, we often fail to see the purposes of happiness - that we as unfree from happiness as we are unfree from suffering.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

One must ask what is the nature and experience one has within this turyātītā caitanya...
    Think of two concentric circles.

One is the body of action (kalā sarīram) - our body with all the actions and thoughts that go with it;

the other is the Self, ātma, antarātmā ( or interior Self). This is a very simple model as we will not get stuck into the
    details of the 5 koṣa-s (coverings) and all that as we wish to keep the model simple.

Now with the establishment of turyātītā caitanya, these two circles are seperated.

One circle is that of Self antarātmā ( or interior Self), it is now what we associate with, relate to.
    My teacher called it Self-referral. The other circle as mentioned is kalā sarīram.

This Self is there all the time during wake-dream-sleep. It never leaves one's experience once established.

The experience becomes that of Self and non-Self. The world is divided into this simple model. There is the silence of the Self,and there is everything else.

It is from here, from this initial seperation that one advances in their spiritual development. It takes this seperation first, to know one's Self, that more unfoldment occurs on the pathway to śivavyāpti discussed in post one above.

It is from here first that the expansion of Self , called ātmavyāpti (ātma+vyāpti) can occur - that this Self can be seen in every-thing within the diversity of creation. It expands into the differentiated levels of life. For the individual, the Self is his/her personal experience of the silence within first.

From this point of view, being achored in the Self or antarātmā , all experiences are like objects. This is a pot, this is a car; yet the person also says 'this is sadness' or 'this is happienss'; he does not say I am sad, or I am happy. Because this 'I' is not involved in that activity or object or emotion. The 'I' is anchored in one's own Self. It is now with the rightful owner.

This is what kṛṣṇa-jī points out in the bhāgavad gītā one is free from longing, from the the sense of 'mine' , is the same in pleasure or pain. It is the one with a blanced intellect. This occurs when one is esatablished in the Self. We find this discussion in chapter 2 and 3 of the bhāgavad gītā. Why does this occur ? Because one finds the delight of the Self.

My teacher says kṛṣṇa-jī is explaining the integrated person. What is integrated ? The Self, or antarātmā, is now part of his/her daily experience. The person has attained grace ( bhāgavad gītā 2.64). The term Self-controlled now really takes on greater meaning.

There is much more to this turyātītā caitanya, this level of balance, yet I will stop here for now.

The next post then must consider what comes after this turyātītā caitanya ? It is the foundation for greater expansion of the supreme to occur within one's experience. What then unfolds?

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 May 2012 at 03:40 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

7. Re: continuum of consciousness

हरिः ओम्

Namaste devotee, yajvan, all,

Thank you kindly yajvan for expounding the divine language and concepts, about which I can formulate with
    greater ease my thoughts, I know that this will eventually help me no end, to better describe and explain and
    understand the world in which I live!

Thank you for your kind thoughts devotee concerning what was effectively a very difficult period; it has taken a
    while to assimilate it all, but that is my path, God shows me more than enough grace! I have learned to forgive
    and carry on regardless.

Grace; such as the timing of the post above. Of course they are not linked, but would you believe me if I told you
    that I had no knowledge of the following eclipse when deciding to describe my shimmering torus experience in
    post 10? Pure coincidence but very graceful, I shall freely admit to finding great joy in this little coincidence.

Coincidence in the timing of events as one becomes harmonised with them, so that you have no doubt as to the
    divine nature within the timing of these events, the universe folds back upon her self, you really move into another
    thought dimension; seeing feeling and knowing of a truly interconnected nature, that is the whole.

Of course if you try to explain this to a Doctor of linear thought, well, they just pencil you in as being very ill, the
    difficulty being in not possessing any language to describe the things which you are experiencing, or to justify the
    conclusions to which you have arrived.

Maybe the worst thing being that, the Doctrine preached and practised; convinces those around you that you are
    mad. They consequently then project this upon you.
    I am fortunate that my realisation was strong enough to reinforce my convictions, my character free enough to
    flow with it and to escape;
    blessed with a gentile nature so as not to come of any harm.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 22 May 2012 at 01:35 PM.
    8i8

Coincidence in the timing of events as one becomes harmonised with them, so that you have no doubt as to the
    divine nature within the timing of these events, the universe folds back upon her self, you really move into another
    thought dimension; seeing feeling and knowing of a truly interconnected nature, that is the whole.

Just a little factoid: These kinds of divine coincidence are also known as synchronicity experiences in the new age communities.

9. Re: continuum of consciousness

हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

Thank you kindly; synchronicity was first coined by Carl Gustav Jung, , we were very slow on the uptake, with all due respect; I find the new age movement to be currently, somewhat lacking in dharma, although I know that it is full of good intentions.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

Thank you kindly; synchronicity was first coined by Carl Gustav Jung, , we were very slow on the uptake, with all due respect; I find the new age movement to be currently, somewhat lacking in dharma, although I know that it is full of good intentions.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Ah, you're already familiar! Sorry for wasting your time. I'd agree, i think there are quite a lot of issues with the new age movement.

Thread Information