Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Shiva

Three dream states

Om Namah Shivaya

He has three abodes, three dream states (Ait. III.12)

RV 1.164.10 The Eko, bearing three mothers and three fathers, stood on high; none ever over-weary him; the (gods) on the summit of the sky take counsel, respecting him in language all-comprehending (but) not extending to all.

Lord, you are the constant vertical eye – enlivening and overseeing three dream states -- the three horizontal ash stripes.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Nityananda Paramananda
    Sakshirupa Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Nityananda Paramananda
    Sakshirupa Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham
    Kevaloham Shivoham

Nityananda Paramananda
    Sakshirupa Shivoham

Anandamurti Guruma
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Re: I am Shiva

He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Brahmā; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Viṣṇu; we salute Him again and again.

He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Skanda; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Indra; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Agni; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Vāyu; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Sūrya; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Soma; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is the Grahas (senses) eight; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is the Pratigrahas (sense objects) eight; we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Bhū(-loka); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Bhuvaḥ(-loka); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Svaha(-loka); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Mahaḥ(-loka); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Pthivī (earth); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Antarīkṣa (atmosphere); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Dyaus (heavens); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Āpas (water); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Tejas (fire); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Kāla (time); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Yama (Ruler over death); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Mtyu (death); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Amta (immortality); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Ākāśa (space); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Viśva (the universe); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Sthūla (gross); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Sūkṣma (subtle); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Śukla (white); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Kṣṇa (black); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Ktsna (the Entirety); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Satya (the Truth); we salute Him again and again.
    He who is Rudra, He is the Lord. He is Sarva (All); we salute Him again and again.

~ Atharvaśira Upaniṣad (Verses 2-32) of the Atharvaveda

oṁ namaḥ śivāya

Lord be gracious

RV Book 3.33.11

Praise him the chariot-borne, the young, the famous, fierce, slaying like a dread Lion of the forest. O Rudra, praised, be gracious to the singer. Let thy hosts spare us and smite down another.

Yajur Veda ii. 2. 10.

Yonder sun did not shine, the gods sought atonement for him, and for him they offered this oblation to Soma and Rudra: verily thereby they bestowed brightness upon him.

Lord, I forget again and again that this is your chariot. You are the fierce Lion herein. You are the antaryama. And forgetting again and again, I seek solace. But this chariot is yours and you are the powerful manifester of Surya. All works you do. All conceptions are yours. What is there to be afraid of and where is that other place wherefrom solace?

Lord, be gracious to the singer.

Om

Om Namah Shivaya

When my daughter was crawling here and there, we used to know about her location from her sudden shrieks of joy, issued in combination of 'i', 'e', and ‘grrr’ sounds. She would find joy when she could unscrew and re-screw a bottle cap, or she would bite into a raw potato, or when she would successfully trace the length of a thread holding two ends with her two hands, and such.

Later, when burdened with studies she said, “I was born a genius, but I have been ruined by education.”

I feel that the Non-Dual Auspicious Lord also apparently does the same. This world is expression of his many varieties of joy. From and in the Self, a self (I) and a knowledge-consciousness-vidyaAvidya will be imagined and then He will marry them off and send the couple for honeymoon through three worlds and three states.

Then He will say: “Enough of play. Become serious now.”

Om Namah Shivaya

I am Shiva!
    satay

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    I am Shiva!

A very important truth to realize....

I = Siva
    Am = ( that is, I that is becoming) is Shakti
    satay = ( for this post) is then ego.

So I ( purity of Being) becomes active, some call this spanda principle... this activity is energy, or Siva as Shakti. Then this Shakti becomes constrainted (a mala or blemish) and thinks it is less then She is, and expresses this constraint as ego, and that ego is housed in satay (and me, and perhaps in most of us).

This mala is considered nijashuddhi or impurity. Why is it that we as human beings are considered Divine, yet we [ i ] see so many blemishes in our selves and the radiance of the Divine must be mined, like gold or diamonds?

Why is it that this SELF simply does not shine forth? This question is posed in the 9th karika of the Spandakarika¹.

This post considers this condition: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2342

pramama

1. This Spandakarika by Ksemaraja with lineage to Vasuguptaji
    Last edited by yajvan; 25 March 2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    I = Siva
    Am = ( that is, I that is becoming) is Shakti
    satay = ( for this post) is then ego.
    Hi yajvan,
    This is very simple, profound and beautiful. I agree that the spanda teachings are sublime.

Namaste

What is common and what is different

What is common and what is different

यह्व (yahva) restless, swift, active, अग्नि, इन्द्र and सोम, continually moving or flowing consciousness, महत्
    यह्वम् (yahvam) यह्व and base of the 1st person: ME

यह्वो(yahvo)यह्व and Name of ब्रह्मा, compassion, calling, reminiscence

यह्वी (yahvI)यह्व and heaven and earth, the god of love, consciousness or perception , consideration , compassion.
    यह्वष्(yahvaS) यह्व and अष् to go , move; to shine; to take or receive
    --------------------------------
    यह्व is the cosmic Mind – the swift ever flowing consciousness, which begins with Soma (ananda-bliss) giving rise to Agni-Indra. यह्व is ME, creator brahmA, heaven and earth, and all gods and compassion.

(lRR) is शिव, the Leo, the Lion, elion, आइॣआ, nrisimha, the mind of the mind that guides the ever flowing mind. Shiv guides Indra to victory. The God most high, the summit of summits, the God of Gods, mahesvara – the Supreme consciousness.

Jivas who are deluded that they are fleshy bodies are told by Mahat: “I am That”.

Jivas who have begun to comprehend that 'Brahman Prajanam' and that one is spirit-pure awareness are told: "I am That" and also told “You art That”.

----------------------------

Om Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by atanu; 11 October 2008 at 11:11 PM.

śivo guruḥ śivo vedaḥ śiva devaḥ śivaḥ prabhuḥ |
    śivo'smyahaṁ śivaḥ sarvaṁ śivadanyanna kiṁcana
    ||

Shiva is Guru; Shiva is the Veda;
    Shiva is Deva; Shiva is the Lord;
    Shiva am I; Shiva is All.
    There is none other than Shiva.

~Varaha Upanishad (IV.32) of the Krsna Yajurveda

Aum Namah Shivaya.

Thread Information