Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey

Honey

Namaste all,

Over the past several months I have been consuming honey daily. I usually just take a spoonful with a little bit of cinnamon, although sometimes I have it in my tea and also on pancakes. I also use honey during Lingam abhishekam.

It is highly beneficial to the human body. Honey is well-known to help alleviate sore throats, but it should be taken even when one is not ill. It has antibacterial agents and helps detoxify the body and improve the immune system. Its importance is also recognized in Ayurveda to promote good health.

I highly recommend this practice to everybody, except for infants since it is not suitable for their digestive systems

http://easyayurveda.com/2010/03/25/h...ext-book-says/
    http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/Ayurveda.html
    http://eatdrinkbetter.com/2008/07/01...bout-anything/
    http://www.yogsandesh.org/articles/1...eda/Page1.html

Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Re: Honey

Namaste Ramkrishna ji,

Honey is very good for sleep, if we take one cup of milk with one spoon of honey, we get good sleep. Honey is good pacifier.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Drinking milk added with honey is good for health.
    Honey has antioxidants,antibacterial and antimicrobial agents.
    Honey helps to prevent hair loss,weight loss acne.

I heard a rumor that much honey is not real. Or its been so evaporated that many of the good agents present in it are no longer there. Has anyone heard of this?

I eat a lot of store-bought honey myself, though I'm sure some brands are much better than others.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

I usually hate to take honey when I have a flu. Seriously, my throat just gets more clogged up with this slimey thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if industrial honey is actually complete garbage just as any other type of processed food.

namaste,
    Although I don't use it myself we do have honey in the house. It is bought from a farm. You have to buy the honey at a farm which is whitish in colour (unpausturised?).

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    I heard a rumor that much honey is not real. Or its been so evaporated that many of the good agents present in it are no longer there. Has anyone heard of this?

I eat a lot of store-bought honey myself, though I'm sure some brands are much better than others.
    satay

Hari OM

Namaste,

Thank you Ramakrisna. I take natural/raw honey as Satay describes, before bedtime and is perfect. Today, I take honey before and after exercise and feel great. Back in day when I fought, I consumed natural honey and felt more energetic, without quick spike and than crash of sugars. From people I know who have consumed store bought or processed, they do feel the quick uplift and then crash like eating candy. After switching, they also report positive effects.

Do not study such things and do not know if there is a least bit of nexus, but learned this from maternal grandparents and they both were here at 94 and 92.

Om Shanti.

FFTW

Vannakkam: We used to buy it in 40 pound buckets directly from a producer. Its a lot cheaper that way as well. If you ask the producer what flowers (I like clover, or alfalfa) the bees worked with, it will help determing taste and quality.

Definitely something 'magical' about the stuff.

Aum Namasivaya

As I understand it, most honey has little or nothing added to it as it keeps for long periods of time and doesn't need any preservatives added to it.
    The anti-bacterial properties of the honey keep it from going bad.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey#Preservation

Namaste,

It's true that most store-bought honey contains very little actual honey. A lot of it is watered down and filtered through and has a variety of substances added to it. Recently I've been buying "organic" honey from Whole Foods, which is supposed to be more pure. Although it costs a bit more, it is worth it. It would be great to buy honey directly from the producer, I'll look into that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richar...b_1118564.html

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information