Thread: why human is fond of Aping ???

why human is fond of Aping ???

Human is always fond of Aping of others. be it in education,sports,fashion,social display of status,even in spirituality.my aim of this thread is some humorous explanations.

one very apparent example is fashion. there is craze in latest trend in fashion. a latest design which may have originated in a wild thought from the perverted mind of a perverted celebrity Fashion Designer.but entire world is wild to catch up the trend.

what do you think is the reason behind such aping? is it because our ancestors had been Ape for millions of years?

Re: why human is fond of Aping ???

Insecurity. Being yourself is hard before society, acceptance is the easy road.

Not much of a humorous answer though...

Aping is part of the learning process, the problem is lack of discrimination.

The brown apes the materialism and money-craze of the white; and the white apes the religion and spirituality of the brown, being within or without his parent religion. In the process, both of them dilute their faith and ruin their family, although the white who apes the oriental religions of the brown usually has the mental peace that he could not find in his parent religion.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

I find it funny when people use color to define race and nationality.

Here on Brazil we have: Original indigenous, portuguese, african, spanish, italian, japanese, other europeans and other asians all mixed. Brown or white doesn't say much, perhaps how much time they spend on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Here on Brazil we have: Original indigenous, portuguese, african, spanish, italian, japanese, other europeans and other asians all mixed. Brown or white doesn't say much, perhaps how much time they spend on the beach.
    Brazil is unique. If you go a little further South, the Argentinians proudly tell you that they killed off all indigenous people and they are a nation of whites only, meaning people of European extraction.

Defining people by color is only a convenient label, not a true reflection of their color.

Namaste,

I wish I could understand the mentality behind such behaviour myself. I suppose it's not so much aping that bothers me, as it is the thinking behind it. It has been said by some before that there is not a single unique thought or idea in the world. At some point in the past, someone else has believed or acted like X and that it has been adopted ever after by descendants. And that's fine with me, I guess. In the case of school, how else can one learn, if not from textbooks and through one's teacher? The same can be said for spirituality, as you pointed out earlier, Anirvan.

No, what bothers me is what Sahasranama spoke of, this lack of discrimination. Aping for aping's sake. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to follow a fashion trend (bad example as I personally think the fashion world is one of the most pointless things in existence), but I cannot understand why someone would want to wear this or dress like that if they don't even like/agree with it! That's the kind of thinking that completely puzzles me...

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

aping = Apeing?

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

its agreeable that Aping with discrimination is a good Idea though with lots of Risk though .

Again definitely its the insecurity that urge one to ape for social acceptance as we are conditioned to live like this.it is one kind of Inertia which we are afraid of breaking.

As Sunyata has said,the primordial reason is difficult to find as we can see as eternal as Maya . so best way is to discriminate and ape our great ones who have walked upon this earth with high accomplishment. (bhagabatgita).

I once read that it could be related to evolutionary psychology; originally it was supposed to be a trait for survival because when the prehistoric humanoids saw their fellows in the tribe doing something like stocking their larder for winter, or developing tools or weapons for convenience, they observed how it did those guys good and decided to do it themselves too. Behaviour in certain tense situations could've also been a significant factor - for example, if they saw one of their pals running in a frenzy, it was usually because there was some predator chasing him. So, the best option would've been to immediately do the same as him, rather than see what was going on (by then, whatever was chasing him would eat them)! Eventually, this initial survival trait began to carry over to social behaviours too. Apes and humans have a common ancestor, so we see this behaviour in chimps, gorillas etc. too.

Personally I've learned to put a customized filter to what I observe in other people - take in the good things, leave the rest.

Thread Information