Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sikh and Hindu traditions.....

Re: Sikh and Hindu traditions.....

I personally have nothing but the utmost respect for Sikhs. You guys are like Indian Ninjas. (LOL)

But I never get tired of this sketch, as it's effing hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVqA8qBOlQ
    (There's a similar sketch about Hinduism, but it isn't as funny...)

Quote Originally Posted by darshansingh View Post

Again to say it reformed hinduism may put-off some hindus, who say, we are already the best and complete. We don't need any reformation.
    The reformation needed at the time was of its adherents, its practitioners.

Or the actions of present day muslims is giving it a bad name.
    I wish I was that charitable!

Present day sikh anger against hindus is because of the events of 1980s. Sikhs felt betrayed by hindus when Golden temple was attacked and destroyed. Sikhs felt further betrayed when 5000 sikhs were brutally killed in Delhi, and 10000 in the whole country; over a period of 3 days. Sikhs felt betrayed by hindus when they gave Rajiv Gandhi a huge victory just 3 months after the massacre he orchestrated. Sikhs felt betrayed by hindus when after 25 years just 10 people are convicted for the killing of 10000 sikhs. Sikhs feel betrayed when some godmen (ashutosh and sacha sauda guy) does actions to insult sikhs and their gurus; and govt takes no action.
    I can go on and on.
    All the events leading up to, the sad events of 1980 and many of the things since then are a shame; something that should have never happened. But,
    1. It should be blamed on certain people and their political leaders and not on an entire community.
    2. We must not forget all that, but we must move forward.

Regarding the Govt. acting against people insulting a religion - The Govt. ONLY protects the Islamic and Christian faiths, everything else is fair game. The Govt. is in the business of staying in power at all costs, NOT protecting all. The scion of the royal family is all set for coronation after the current term and the apple cart will not be disturbed to derail that effort.
    Also you will see many posts in this forum who say that guru gobind singh was bhagat of Chandi; and some using the words that sikh gurus were self-styled godmen and such. These people are either uneducated, or silly, or mischievous. I just consider them uneducated. Some sikhs may see them as mischievous which causes further rift.
    I have one word for them: Insecure; which probably arises out of the 'mine is better than yours' line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post

But I never get tired of this sketch, as it's effing hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVqA8qBOlQ
    Thanks for the post. It really is hilarious, as is the other one about Hinduism.

All the events leading up to, the sad events of 1980 and many of the things since then are a shame; something that should have never happened. But,
    1. It should be blamed on certain people and their political leaders and not on an entire community.
    2. We must not forget all that, but we must move forward.
    Silent observer of crime is part of the crime. I don't remember any political or religious hindu leader protesting against Blue Star Operation. Or even the killings of 10000 sikhs most of them in the capital of india over three days period. Nobody protested when rajiv gandhi said "Bada Ped Girta...."

I was in school at that time in Delhi. No student or even teacher asked me if all was well with me and my family. In fact, one boy said - tu bach gaya, agli baar nahi bachega. Others have much worse stories than me. So, I implore you to understand our anger.

sat sri akal darshan,

I will start by saying that I do not condone the riots and violence that occured in delhi towards sikhs after the sikh security guards murdered the prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi in broad day light.

That said, while you were growing up in Delhi at the same time I was growing up in Punjab.

I witnessed the terror caused by misguided sikhs first hand. All of my childhood and college friends were sikhs. I lost several of my school friends in the fight for khalistan. Most of us used to travel by bus to go college in the nearby city. The minority hindus like myself didn't know if were going home alive every night because every day buses/trains/cars were being stopped randomly, hindu men singled out, lined and shot in bright day light. Now, this was happening in punjab for several years. This is because pakis were misguiding our youth and training them to be terrorists.

Operation blue star is a shame. No hindu in his right mind would agree with it. However, look at it from another point of view, the golden temple was taken over by the terrorists. It was full of asla, arms, bombs, ak-47 machine guns. What were the police and army to do? Several days they were outside telling the terrorists to come out peacefully. Several army men (hindu and sikhs) lost their lives because they were ambushed by the terrorists. Would you rather have the golden temple under terrorists or would you rather have it free? Remember it is a place of worship, perhaps the most popular if not most sacred place for sikhs if not for all indian citizens.

I hope that you are not one of those sikhs that still want khalistan. No punjabi sikh in his right mind wants a separate nation that will go bankrupt between six months to a year and become a wasteland like the pakiland north to us.

Silent observer of crime is part of the crime. I don't remember any political or religious hindu leader protesting against Blue Star Operation. Or even the killings of 10000 sikhs most of them in the capital of india over three days period. Nobody protested when rajiv gandhi said "Bada Ped Girta...."

I was in school at that time in Delhi. No student or even teacher asked me if all was well with me and my family. In fact, one boy said - tu bach gaya, agli baar nahi bachega. Others have much worse stories than me. So, I implore you to understand our anger.

satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    sat sri akal darshan,
    Operation blue star is a shame. No hindu in his right mind would agree with it. However, look at it from another point of view, the golden temple was taken over by the terrorists.
    Don't have it both ways. Just say whether it should have happened or it. "It was a shame...but ..." doesn't make sense.

Difference in Punjab anti-hindu activities of 1981-84 vs Anti-sikh riots of Nov 1984. Its painful for me to write, I will write it just once; and won't go back and forth. I am not here to win an argument.

1. Number of per-capita murders in Punjab in 1981-84 was 1/6th the per-capita murder of UP, Bihar.
    2. Number of sikhs killed by terrorists were more that number of hindus killed.
    3. Many murders which may have happened because of usual property disputes were classified as terrorist murders
    4. Many police encounters were classified as murders done by terrorists
    5. 1984-1992 period in punjab, hundreds of thousand of sikhs were killed and secretly cremated. You understand punjabi. Following is worth a listen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktfuGXpi5qw
    Khalra was killed by police for raising this. (many policemen were eventually convicted in his murder)
    So, I would just conclude that sikhs were as unsafe in punjab in 80s as were hindus. Hindus were only threatened by terrorists; but sikhs were threatened by both terrorists and police.

Anti-sikh riots were conducted by policemen under the order of politicians. If you are a sikh in delhi; not hiding in some safe place; there was 100 % chance that you would be killed, during those three days.

Its pathetic that I have to state the obvious to people with selective amnesia; who was willing to say "..but.." with the grossest of the acts.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    I personally have nothing but the utmost respect for Sikhs. You guys are like Indian Ninjas. (LOL)
    This is not just funny; but is so tragic and sarcastic. This is the main reason why so many sikhs do not wear turban anymore, because their parents failed in telling them what it means to be a sikh.

Harjas Kaurji,

I am eternally greatful to you for spending so much of your valuable time on us "jadds".

Quote Originally Posted by Harjas Kaur View Post
    I find you have a lot to learn about other people's religion.
    Yes, I do. And I apologize for being so dense!

Quote Originally Posted by Harjas Kaur View Post
    Because of the mantras, and the prayers and the thoughts and vibrational energy of the worshippers, ordinary objects are made to contain shakti, which again is energetic vibrational Presence. I'm sorry if you cannot accept, do not believe, or cannot understand this.
    I totally accept/believe/understand that, but have not experienced that sacred "vibrational energy" that I have heard so much about from my "Sahaj Yogi" friends.

Bowing to your presence............

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    All of my childhood and college friends were sikhs. I lost several of my school friends in the fight for khalistan. Most of us used to travel by bus to go college in the nearby city. The minority hindus like myself didn't know if were going home alive every night because every day buses/trains/cars were being stopped randomly, hindu men singled out, lined and shot in bright day light.
    Both of you have experienced much pain first hand.
    Let us move past the sad events of the past.
    Let the healing begin.
    Acid eats away the very pot it is contained in - you both know that.
    Shake hands, embrace and be ONE again!

namaste,

I never said, "it was a shame...but..." I offered another point of view.

I was living in punjab and living the terror. I am the one who lost my childhood friends to terrorism. Just like I can't fathom the terror you and other sikhs went through during riots you can't fathom the terrorism that was going on in punjab. Saying that sikhs were in as much danger as hindus doesn't absolve the terrorists from the dispecable acts of murdering innocent men, women and children in punjab. A gursikh can never be that cruel; the only reason why these acts were being committed were because pakis brainwashed our youth.

I don't know where you are getting your data from but with all due respect, I was actually living in punjab during that time...so...

It is pathetic that people are hung up on an empty dream of khali stan because that's what it would've been if terrorists had their way. Last year I was in punjab, no sikh that I met talked about separating from India.

Don't have it both ways. Just say whether it should have happened or it. "It was a shame...but ..." doesn't make sense.

Difference in Punjab anti-hindu activities of 1981-84 vs Anti-sikh riots of Nov 1984. Its painful for me to write, I will write it just once; and won't go back and forth. I am not here to win an argument.

1. Number of per-capita murders in Punjab in 1981-84 was 1/6th the per-capita murder of UP, Bihar.
    2. Number of sikhs killed by terrorists were more that number of hindus killed.
    3. Many murders which may have happened because of usual property disputes were classified as terrorist murders
    4. Many police encounters were classified as murders done by terrorists
    5. 1984-1992 period in punjab, hundreds of thousand of sikhs were killed and secretly cremated. You understand punjabi. Following is worth a listen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktfuGXpi5qw
    Khalra was killed by police for raising this. (many policemen were eventually convicted in his murder)
    So, I would just conclude that sikhs were as unsafe in punjab in 80s as were hindus. Hindus were only threatened by terrorists; but sikhs were threatened by both terrorists and police.

Anti-sikh riots were conducted by policemen under the order of politicians. If you are a sikh in delhi; not hiding in some safe place; there was 100 % chance that you would be killed, during those three days.

Its pathetic that I have to state the obvious to people with selective amnesia; who was willing to say "..but.." with the grossest of the acts.
    satay

Thread Information