Thread: Creation of the Universe-Kriyananda

Creation of the Universe-Kriyananda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-oVl...eature=channel from Bhagavad Gita explanation of Yogananda as remembered by his disciple Kriyananda

Re: Creation of the Universe-Kriyananda

Namaste,

if i not wrong, Paramahansa Yogananda is devotee of Kali Maa, have get Maa Darshan at Dakshinesvar Kali Temple.

???

thanks

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Namaste,

I think Paramhansa Yogananda mixed different acts of worship. In Autobiography of a yogi he mentions worshipping Kali and seeing visions of her. However, he seems to also emphasize Krishna. But Paramhansa Yogananda isnt really sectarian. As a Yogi everything is experiential. So I dont know for sure if he was devotee to Kali but no doubt he was a devotee to the Absolute so be it Kali, Vishnhu, Siva, or Ganesha he worshiped it.

Maybe our friend Devotee can answer for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Maybe our friend Devotee can answer for us.
    Thanks for the belief shown in me, SS ! However, I, perhaps, also know only as much as you know about Paramhansa Yogananda.

Paramhansa Yogananda was not exactly a ritualistic devotee following Bhakti Yoga & worshipping a chosen deity. As far as I know, he never showed his preference to any one particular form of God. He was a Yogi & followed the path of Jnan Yoga & tried to realise his True Self through meditation though he also worshipped various deities in all religious places wherever he went.

It was not Paramhansa Yogananda who had vision of Mother Goddess KAli at Dakshineswar but Ramkrishna Paramhansa. Ramkrishna Paramhansa was a devotee of KAli & he saw mother Goddess KAli as we see any other human being.

So, I think Shian has wrongly mixed up Paramhansa Yogananda with what happened to Ramkrishna Paramhansa.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

thanks for the clarification. Paramhansa Yogananda saw God in all forms and as formless reality . May we become god realized people.

In autiobiography of a yogi Yogananda mentions that he saw vision of Kali on multiple occasions. Though its probably as you clarified not the same story shian was refferring to. Yogananda has also seen Krishna and Jesus How wonderful it must be. If only my lust would give me a break so i can see such splended joyous sights.

Devoteeji
    May I believe it

Ramkrishna Paramhansa was a devotee of KAli & he saw mother Goddess KAli as we see any other human being.

Ramkrishna Paramhamsa was asked by a rascal,"Why don't you tell your Mother to heal this cancer of yours ?"

Sri Ramkrisna said,"Fool,Should i get cancer in my mind ?? That is the most dangerous.It is very foolish to get the desire of curing myself(bhukti) in my mind.Why should i pollute my mind when it is already fully submerged in the Mother ? "

Goes on to say just how much of a pure bhakta he was.

Once,when he was asked what is the method to attain liberation,he said,"Attach your mind to Him,no matter what."

The bhagavatam states that you should remember the Lord always and never forget Him.This means remembering Him even in the toilet and in the unholiest of places.

This is reflected in the life of RK,when he would practise sadhana in a crematorium.

The vedanta states that sadhana to attain brahm should be performed everywhere.

It is indicative that gyan marga is not actually the sadhana which the vedanta talks about,since in Gyan marga,everything is supposed to be perfectly according to rules.

Time,place,direction,etc have to be predetermined.Even the asana on which the gyani/yogi sits during meditation is supposed to be this or that.

just saying.

Thread Information