Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AWAKENED KUNDALINI ENERGY

AWAKENED KUNDALINI ENERGY

Om Shanti,
    Lately I have seen many classes being taught on awakening the Kundalini. I have read that the Kundalini should not be awakened unless its done under the watchful eye of a Guru, enlightened master. I guess that rule has been toss out the window.

As you all probably know by now, "I'm curious". Is it possible to just arouse the Kundalini energy? What if this energy only rises up to the Manipuri chakra and starts to descend back down, is that possible? How does one know if they have awakened the kundalini energy if it doesn't reach the crown chakra?

Once the kundalini reaches the crown chakra one becomes an enlightened Master, is there anything below enlightened master? By anything I mean title, acknowledgement, etc.

Om Shanti,
    Hiwaunis

Post Re: AWAKENED KUNDALINI ENERGY

Well from what I've heard one can't allow any sexual loss of sperm in order for the kundalini to be awakened. It is normally given by a guru through 'shaktipat.'
    Below enlightened masters you have spiritual teachers, meditation teachers and pandits- but likewise, I've read that even after enlightenment, one can still progess to finer levels of bhakti.

Re: AWAKENED KUNDALINI ENERGY

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    Well from what I've heard one can't allow any sexual loss of sperm in order for the kundalini to be awakened. It is normally given by a guru through 'shaktipat.'
    Below enlightened masters you have spiritual teachers, meditation teachers and pandits- but likewise, I've read that even after enlightenment, one can still progess to finer levels of bhakti.
    Om Shanti,
    What about females? Do you know what happens if the Kundalini starts to rise and stops before reaching say for example, the Manipuri chakra?

Om Shanti,
    Hiwaunis

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    Om Shanti,
    What about females? Do you know what happens if the Kundalini starts to rise and stops before reaching say for example, the Manipuri chakra?

Om Shanti,
    Hiwaunis
    Namaste Hiwaunis,
    Females are very blessed because their sushumnna channel is wide open and they are naturally one with Devi, unlike men, because of this they do not need to smoothen the nadis and pierce the granthis (knot).
    Kundalini devi is not different from your own self, in whatever chakra she appears she is always a devata only assuming different forms and appearing at different places in your body as she chooses.
    Do not understand her as anything different from devi. She is not an energy like electricity, she is a devata, and identical to your own self.

MahaHrada

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    Namaste Hiwaunis,
    Females are very blessed because their sushumnna channel is wide open and they are naturally one with Devi, unlike men, because of this they do not need to smoothen the nadis and pierce the granthis (knot).
    Kundalini devi is not different from your own self, in whatever chakra she appears she is always a devata only assuming different forms and appearing at different places in your body as she chooses.
    Do not understand her as anything different from devi. She is not an energy like electricity, she is a devata, and identical to your own self.

MahaHrada
    Pranam MahaHrada,
    I found your statement to be very interesting. I really don't know much about Kundalini devi. This is the first time I've had it explained in such a manner. Where can I get more knowledge in this direction?

Namaste,
    Hiwaunis

Jigar Guest

:enthuleka:
    Awakening the energy may come thru states of unconsciousness like they have for me. Some forms of Energy are best left Dormant.

:Anthaleku:

Quote Originally Posted by Jigar View Post
    :enthuleka:
    Awakening the energy may come thru states of unconsciousness like they have for me. Some forms of Energy are best left Dormant.

:Anthaleku:
    Please explain. I'd love to read about your experiences.

Namaste
    Hiwaunis

I highly recommend you read Kundalini: Evolutionary Energy in Man by Gopi Krishna before advancing the kundalini awakening. It is extremely dangerous and could lead to potential death if not exercised under the supervision of a spiritual master. The awakening of kundalini requires that the body be in superb condition, this including diet, fitness, and mental stature.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

There are various processes called out to awaken this kuṇḍalinī . It would be wise to really understand what kuṇḍalinī is first. Also reviewing Somānanda's Śāktavijñāna (knowledge realated to śakti) would be good for those serious and not just window shopping.

This Śāktavijñāna calls out 13 movements of kuṇḍalinī. For those interested may I recommend the following book, Kuṇḍalinī Energy of the Depths , by Lilian Silburn¹. This will give you a good (and specific) view of this kuṇḍalinī, while also calling out Somānanda's Śāktavijñāna in chapter two.

pranams

references
    1. Published 1988, ISBN number - 0-88706-800-6; Also note my orientation is Kaśmir Śaivism and Lilian's views are in line with non-dual (parā)āgama-s as references for this book.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste,

As a woman, and with some practical experience of dancing with the Lady, I'd like to note something which I've not seen commented upon elsewhere and which may have some practical merit to the ladies out there.

I have found that there's a strong correlation between hormonal cycles and the ebb and Flow. For me, when I first matured as a girl, was when the energies "awoke" and during ovulation most pronounced.

As an older woman, going into the next hormonal shifts, I found myself almost sodden, like a dampened wick unable to easily ignite.

I have found a plant - the Peruvian Maca - which stimulates the endocrine system ... which not only has substantially "cured" my symptoms but also has re-opened me to more psychic endeavors.

WooHoo!

ZN
    Last edited by Znanna; 07 June 2009 at 01:37 PM.
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thread Information