Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karaka's an introduction

Re: Karaka's an introduction

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by aavprasad View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,
    The native is 50 years old and running Rahu Dasa. He was struck with Diabetes at the age of 32 years.
    As you can see Mars and Saturn dominate the chart. Is that the reason, the native is stuck in an above average position in life. What is in store for him. Does the disease hamper his rise? How to interpret this chart where all the classical rules apply regarding Atmakaraka and special Lagnas.
    aavprasad
    Namaste aavprasad,

Please note I wish this native well... I want to inform you that I choose not to do chart analysis as of late.

I do offer the readers of HDF insights and knowledge on jyotish subject matter and enjoy posting what little I know.

That said, just a few ideas [ I have not constructed this persons chart] :
    • Yet one must consider the differences of the lagnamsa ( that of the body) and that of karakamsa ( soul or atman); Since this is a body condition one must look to the lagna, its lord, its location ( paka lagna) and the influences thereof.
    • Rahu dasa ( if you are talking Vimshottari dasa) is challenging for some; If well placed in the 3rd house one can consider a happy and long life, yet will have some grief due to brothers as it will be in the 3rd house, and also aspect the 9th from the 3rd ( the 11th) and additional brothers;
    • Even if it was the Atma karaka, the atma karaka dasa period increases the notion of purification of the native.
    • Saturn as you know will bring grief unless placed in upahayasthanas of the 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th ( as the the benefits grow over time).
    • Yet note that diabetes is an affliction of Jupiter not of rahu. So an ill-placed jupiter with malefic aspects can make this occur. It also can cause an over-weight condition and an out-of-control sweet tooth.
    • I take note of one thing that you said, The issues for this native started at 32. At age 32 the naisargika¹ [natural] dasa of Jupiter begins and runs to 50 years of age. This dasa system is ruled by Brahma and can apply to all humans.
    • Interesting to me that both these conditions have occurred - Jupiter dasa and the dis-ease that jupiter offers - diabetes.
    Hope all turns out well for this person...

naisargika [natural] dasa division
    1______ Moon - ones birth to 1 year old
    2 ______Mars -1 to 3 years old
    3 ______Mercury - 3 to 12 years old
    4 ______Venus - 12 to 32 years old
    5 ______Jupiter - 32 to 50 years old
    6 ______Sun - 50 years to 70 years old
    7 ______Saturn- 70 to 120 years old

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Here I am quoting Sanjay Rath:
    By no means will Atmakaraka improve the house significations in a standard way (as will lord of Lagna for example) The king of the chart has one single motive - to ward off the sins from previous birth, and to cleanse the person by giving suffering and pains, thereby setting the soul towards the higher planes.

All his conditions are fulfilled here.

If the native is suffering from an energy sapping disease, how can he progress either materially or spiritually? What will be the interplay of various important combinations in the chart ? Please enlighten me. Thanks
    aavprasad

Namaste aavprssad,
    Sanjay-ji is most wise... The Atmakarka can in fact purify. This may be by fulfilling the karma one has taken on and guiding appropriately. Nothing happens without the permission of the Atmakarka, this is Sanjay's words to his sisyas.

Note 'cleansing' used by Sanjay does not mean 'avoiding' or usurping.
    Also note time frames... this is one life - to us may seem long, yet to the overall goal , this can be step 1 of 10 or 100, etc.

Also note what the Atmakaraka's suggested teachings are (Mars) for this life period: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=764

It seems the culprits are a) Saturn sitting in the Lagna, Ghatika and Hora Lagnas and b) Mars (though he aspects 6 lagnas viz Janma Lagna, Ghatika Lagna, Hora Lagna, Chandra Lagna, Navamsa Lagna and Drekkana Lagn) occupying Roga Sthana- sixth house (Aries-his own sign). As Paka Lagna falls in the 6th house with Moon, the native was diagnosed with diabetes in Moon Major period (Vimsothari) and Saturn Antardasa. During Mars period he got respiratory disease but was cured.
    So Mars, Moon and Saturn are the Roga Karakas for this native
    Yes, this makes sense... Sani in the Lagna is a challange - the lord of the 3rd in the 1st = brave and courageous, yet sickly. It also suggests short tempered.
    From my point of view, I see the 6th as Taurus. I also see the 12th house malific in the 6th house which should minimize/reduce Mars negitivity. I see your point on the calc of the 6th, but will keep to my view on this matter. I say this becasue I see moon as the owner of the 8th influencing here. AS you mentioned the diagnosis came in Vimshottari of Moon. What was the Narayan Dasa period of the time?

Last , what of the bhadhaka-pati? owner of Gemini i.e. Mercury?

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 24 November 2007 at 01:47 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Hari Om
    ~~~~
    But, a confusion arises when you said: "From my point of view, I see the 6th as Taurus.
    Namste aavprasad,
    I perhaps mis-understood and caused the confusion. I thought that you had shifted the lagna due to a bhava calculation... so all is well with the world and your initial chart setup is now comprehended.

Now the question for you is how to help the native?

pranams,

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Re: kāraka-s an introduction

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

Many look to joyti for answers to one's condition or outlook and what will occur in the future; or why things are happening today i.e. the causes. Many come to this great science when they're are troubles.

Yet joyti is also there for the one that is not troubled, and wishes to live life ( the best we can) within the laws this universe offers and manages by. For this, there is the offering of the raka:
    kāraka कारक- as a noun - 'instrumental in bringing about the action' ; in general , making or doing. In this conversation it is the grāhaka¹ ( the ~planet~) as one who produces, creates or influences a condition to unfold. Sanjay Rath is sympathetic to the notion of influences vs. directly controls on how the graha-s function.

So, if one wished to live a bit more in concert with the 'laws' the graha-s offer, let me list out 12 of them, as there are 12 rāśi-s¹ (signs) or bhāva ( houses) and this say the wise makes up ones life on multiple levels.
    So, the logic is the following: If one follows the path of the raka, one is to prosper ( or align themselves) with the energy offered by the quality of the kāraka, for that house. Lets take a look at the first 6 houses in a very simple way.
    • The Sun is the kāraka of the 1st house.
      He ( the Sun) is brilliance, health, balance, beautiful eyes and eye sight i.e. good health , as this is the indication of the first house, of ones health and being. The sun is perfectly balanced
      (sattvic) and is the center of our solar system providing us with all the energy, momentum, light and atmosphere
      ( the energy for weather) for this good earth. If one follows the path of the sun ( rising early, going to bed on time); that of balance and brilliance , a regulated life, one reaps the benefits of this kāraka.
    • Jupiter is the kāraka of the 2nd house.
      The second house ( in general) is about wealth, speech, food and nourishment. Jupiter is about expansion as the tattva of space (ākāśa) is attributed to Jupiter. For the benefits of Jupiter, one would consider the consumption of pure foods, sattvic foods and sattvic speech ( truthful). Also a savings plan - saving more then you plan to, brings wealth, and the influence of expansion of Jupiter's influence.
    • Mars is the kāraka of the 3rd house.
      We know Mars as the warrior and also the bachelor. The 3rd house is much to do with courage - some call this deliberate actions ( purposeful actions); Hence purposeful actions are also considered the energy needed for sports and activities . We bring more of Mars' indications via the purification of tajas ( fire) of tapas, of balanced sexual appetite ( again Mars as the bachelor in this case suggest sexual drive that is managed); We also bring more of Mars' energy via this purposefulness in what we choose to do i.e. skill in action.
    • Moon and Mercury are the kāraka-s of the 4th house.
      The 4th house deals with the mind, emotions (the heart), mother, and home ( family, etc). The 4th house is also about
      Learn and learning institutions ( Higher learning we will see is indicated by the 5th house). From the Moon's perspective it is about nurturing relationships, maintaining peace and happiness ( for the mind to be in balance) within ones social environment ( family and friends). The moon does not have any enemies among other graha-s and practices the peaceful nature. This is the lesson the moon offers to bring the benefits of the 4th house to ones life. Mercury and learning is via observation, intent, and the notion of skill transfer via observation + imitating others more skilled.
    • Jupiter is the kāraka of the 5th house.
      5th house is higher learning , children ( and subordinates), disciples and followers, spiritual techniques ( higher learning),.
      Jupiter as guru is most fitting. The quality of dharma¹ in ones actions, giving without expectations; Jupiter's qualities as guru and as ākāśa is nourished here with giving and that of patience and forgiveness - some call this grace, one benefits from the qualities of this kāraka-s influence on the 5th house affairs.
    • Mars and Saturn are the kāraka-s of the 6th house.
      The 6th house some call it a house of difficulties e.g. worries, anxieties, obstacles, enemies (external and internal i.e. vices), thieves, challenges, tests, urge for perfection (self-improvement techniques, competitive power , difference and conflicts. To win the favor of the kāraka-s here is one of strength. Such a strength that one's enemies do not even consider retaliation or challenges to the native. My teacher used to call this invincibility. What does this strength depend on? High character, dharma, and right action ( purposeful in one's duty). For Saturn's influence it will always be diligence and purposeful work.
    Lets stop here … More discussion on kāraka-s are shown in the posts above.
    We can address the remaining 6 in the next post.
    • Venus is the kāraka of the 7th house
    • Saturn is the kāraka of the 8th house
    • The Sun and Jupiter are the kāraka-s of the 9th house
    • Sun, Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn are the kāraka-s of the 10 house
    • Jupiter and Saturn are the is the kāraka-s of the 11th house/
    • Ketu and Saturn are the kāraka-s of the 12th house.
    praṇām

words
    • grāhaka - one who seizes or takes captive
    • graha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a graha ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native.
    • rāśi राशि- is a heap, a mass, a pile, a group; in joyti it is the name given to sign, as a collection point.
    • bhāva भाव from bhū becoming , being , existing , occurring , appearance ; manner of acting or conduct
    • dharma धर्मthat which is established or firm , steadfast decree , statute , ordinance , law ; from dhधृ- that which upholds.
    • Additional reading: http://jyotishvidya.com/bhavas.htm
    Last edited by yajvan; 26 May 2010 at 08:21 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Hello, I am sure Yajvan and Arvind already have this book in their collection.

But, for anyone who would have use of it SCRIBD has a free download of Sanjay Rath's book on Atmakaraka. I downloaded it this afternoon and it's very wonderful.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/260016/atmakaraka

With much love<3

After reading this thread.... it seems to me that atmakaraka tells all those things about the person, or exactly person's soul..... all those things means soul desires, soul qualities, soul path, soul lessons, soul growth impediments, and maybe more.

Pleasse tell me if the above is true or false.

Thread Information