Thread: Say no to Mandirs depositing their gold with banks!

Say no to Mandirs depositing their gold with banks!

Here's an article about getting mandirs to deposit their gold with national banks. Read this article and spread this far and wide in India. If you know of a mandir deciding on whether to do this, TALK THEM OUT OF DOING SO! The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) are all part of that banking cabal who want to take gold away from everyone else for themselves, and the RBI, like most central banks, are in lockstep with the US in inflating the currency and devaluing the national currency over time, as they have to to maintain parity with the $US and preserve their export trade markets.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0N02B220150409

Re: Say no to Mandirs depositing their gold with banks!

But, to me, it seems to be scary thought of leaving the gold with the temples (or to be managed by the temple management) themselves... then they become the easiest property to be possessed by the multitude of looters of all levels and then in addition, theft and burglary.

I hope I am wrong...
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vannakkam: By far the pressing correction between government and temples is to put temple donations back into the hands of the temples, where it belongs, and not just another hidden tax. Maybe the temples could negotiate some agreement ... "Yes, we'll put some gold into the banks, if ... you let us keep the money donated to us in the first place."

Maybe this is the sign of major changes to come ... but in my opinion it's being approached via the wrong energy channels. They're thinking in money terms rather than in devotee terms.

Aum Namasivaya

I would believe that most people working in mandirs, would not be those prone to thieving, and even the few that are prone to it, pale in comparison to the central bankers who steal through inflation and pass it onto themselves and the wealthy (in paper money). That is what they do for a living. I will entrust temple staff with gold before I would entrust it to bankers. I know too much about the gold lending/leasing scheme, what happens to the gold, and who really benefits from it to be comfortable with it. If the mandirs lend out the gold, then the bankers will lend it out to bullion banks, who in turn lease it out onto the open market. Meanwhile, the rupiyas will devalue over the long-term in keeping with the exchange level vis-a-vis the $US. Bad move to make. Just watch in the next 2-5 years.

hmmm... I go for a mix, a hybrid. Let us say one of us are a founder of a temple (don't laugh, I'm serious) or some sampradaya temple in which you are deeply involved with...

... well, the fact of the matter is that in today's modern reality, a temple has bills to pay. To the Brahmin or other priests and their family (keep in mind, most have families and are not sanyasa) for livelihood, for the energy bills such as temple lighting, repairs and maintenance, water bills, and so on and so forth... not cheap, actually.

So yes, devotees to the temple need to pay their part if they can, and there are expected minimums, such as $5 dollars for Hundi when having darshan, or it could be a gift of gold, perhaps it is for the accessory of the Deity, but it might be just gold coins and so on.

It is fully expected, if not directly accessory to the Deity, then it should also help pay the bills.

I know that sounds bad, but reality is reality and bills keep coming, and in the modern age the routing numbers from a bank account is used to cheque the bills due. So, for this some gold (if donated) can be held in kind to back bill payments or liquidated as currency value into the temple bank account.

Yes you never know, a greedy tax and spend government out of control and politically corrupt for power to "buy votes" or other may dip it's hands into the bank account and loot it. So never "over commit" to the bank's "guarantees" or "insured by the..." policy. Keep hard assets as well such as physical gold.

Thus ... a mix. And if I were "running the temple" I would also have temple investments in stocks, bonds, ETFs, precious metals holding accounts. Yes I would. Yes, aspects to this would be subject to tax if not directly a religious function, I understand that.

Thread Information