Thread: Temples in Phoenix AZ

Temples in Phoenix AZ

Namaste, I just found out that I may have to relocate from the San Jose area to the Phoenix area. Surprise, AZ which is near Scottsdale. From the internet search there doesn't at all seem to be much.

Anyone know of any Shivite Temples or any deity for that matter. What about Sustang groups?

Thank you very much
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Re: Temples in Phoenix AZ

Namaste,

You might visit one of the temples at the following links and inquire about others in the area. I have only been to the ISKCON one for the evening aarti with few people. Perhaps their Sunday puja has larger crowds.
    http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=hind...=Phoenix%2C+AZ
    http://www.garamchai.com/templesSW.htm

Pranam.

Namaste, Mystical Soul ji.

Bharatiya Ekta Mandir* of Arizona, as its name suggests, is for everyone, regardless of their iṣṭa-devatā (chosen deity). It has seven shrines (the two smaller ones are easy to miss at first) and mūrtis (images) of various major deities worshiped by Vaiṣṇavas, Śaivas, and Śaktas. There is even a shrine for Jains. It's also a very beautiful temple. I've been there. The second shrine from the left as you enter the prayer hall contains images of Lord Śiva's family and a liṅga for Lord Śiva himself. I think I also saw a smaller, bronze image of Lord Śiva there.

The Hindu Temple of Arizona has a pūjā (worship service) for Lord Śiva every fourth Sunday. It's mostly Vaiṣṇava, however.

The Maha Ganapati Temple apparently also has an image of Lord Śiva. I have not been there, however.

I hope this helps.

praṇām

* "Indian Unity Temple"
    śrīmate nārāyaṇāya namaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by anucarh View Post
    Namaste, Mystical Soul ji.

Bharatiya Ekta Mandir* of Arizona, as its name suggests, is for everyone, regardless of their iṣṭa-devatā (chosen deity). It has seven shrines (the two smaller ones are easy to miss at first) and mūrtis (images) of various major deities worshiped by Vaiṣṇavas, Śaivas, and Śaktas. There is even a shrine for Jains. It's also a very beautiful temple. I've been there. The second shrine from the left as you enter the prayer hall contains images of Lord Śiva's family and a liṅga for Lord Śiva himself. I think I also saw a smaller, bronze image of Lord Śiva there.

The Hindu Temple of Arizona has a pūjā (worship service) for Lord Śiva every fourth Sunday. It's mostly Vaiṣṇava, however.

The Maha Ganapati Temple apparently also has an image of Lord Śiva. I have not been there, however.

I hope this helps.

praṇām

* "Indian Unity Temple"
    Namaste Praṇām it helps immensely. Thanks very much

Aum
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Thread Information