Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mantras: It's The Same God - Why Different Results?

Re: Mantras: It's The Same God - Why Different Results?

Namaste Amrutji,

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Please do not take it negatively. All is said with positive mindset.
    My heartfelt thanks and appreciation for your careful and thoughtful reply. I could never take such gentle and sensitive explanation negatively.
    You have helped to calm some of the turmoil I've had and bring me some clarity. Thank you so much for that. Still, some remains. I have some responses, but I don't wish to derail this thread. And any response I might make requires the same thought and consideration you have shown, first and foremost. It may be that the conflicts I have left are simply things I need to meditate on and let go.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Hi,

I will try to give a very basic and simple answer based on my understanding.

From what I have read and come across, the mantras are an extension of our conscious. So, even if the mantras are different, what our conscious is filled with, makes the difference in the final result. For example, if we chant any mantra consciously seeking for wealth, we will end up gaining wealth.

Hope that helps.

Source: http://www.ishtadevata.com/blog/the-...-a-mantra.html

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste HDF,

I have a question regarding mantras to different Gods. Rationally, I know that all the Gods of Sanatana Dharma belong to the same Oneness...the same God. My question is this: is it possible that a mantra to a different God (singular, as in Shri Ganesha or Shri Krishna for example), when chanted, could give one different results than another mantra to a different God?

If all the Gods of Sanatana Dharma are really one God, then logically, all the different mantras would have the same effect, right?

I do apologize if this question seems insensitive or ignorant, but I do not ask this out of malice, only a desire to know more. It's just something I want to clear up, as let's just say a recent happening has piqued my curiosity in this area...

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste HDF,

I have a question regarding mantras to different Gods. Rationally, I know that all the Gods of Sanatana Dharma belong to the same Oneness...the same God. My question is this: is it possible that a mantra to a different God (singular, as in Shri Ganesha or Shri Krishna for example), when chanted, could give one different results than another mantra to a different God?

If all the Gods of Sanatana Dharma are really one God, then logically, all the different mantras would have the same effect, right?
    From advaita views, if you believe in One God ( Sri Ganesh, Sri Krsna, Shiva etc as One ) :

The names and the forms is quality, just like Mercyful God, Amazing God, Almighty God, God The Healer, God The Saviour, God The Guru etc.... Of course, when we sick and we affraid with dangers or death, we will pray : Oh God, You are the healer ! You Are More Powerful than Death. So this word, in sanskrit term, in Hindu, is Mrtyunjaya Mantra, Lord Shiva as Mrtyunjaya

When we faced the obstacles in our life, we will pray : Oh God, You are the destroyer of obstacles ! You will remove the obstacles of your child. So, in our term, we said : Oh Lord Ganapati, Oh Lord Vinayaka ! Oh Lord Vighnesvara.

See...

Thats not God's problems, thats is our own problem

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Thread Information