Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead alone?

Re: is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead alone?

Namaste Satay ji and Smaranam ji

Thanks for taking time to share your views. However I am not convinced with your views because practical life is very different.

I am not sure how many of you follow Indian news. Today I read 90+ Maharashtrian farmers had committed suicide in the last 45 days. No one cares for these kind of news. If 90 politicians had died in past 45 days, entire India would have erupted. It would be the same case in other countries as well. Consider only poor people died in Japan tsunami and no other damage to property or probability of nuclear explosion do you think world would have taken interest as much it did?

It might hurt us but the truth is we are all very good at preaching. I must thank Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu because he has created a situation in my life that has set me in motion.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Ani,

Not trying to convince you but I am curious therefore this rhetorical question, do you think that akasha is for the rich and powerful only?

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Satay ji and Smaranam ji

Thanks for taking time to share your views. However I am not convinced with your views because practical life is very different.
    satay

Namaste Satay ji

I didn't consider your question as rhetorical.

If Bhagwaan is for everyone, then what is HIS role? If HIS role is beyond definition, what has HE got to do with me? If HE has nothing do with me and exist just like a spectator why do I NEED him?

If Akasha means sky, then rich and powerful can deprive poor from accessing or enjoying the benefit of sky.

If Akasha means ether that is present everywhere but can't be accessed by five senses, it requires effort from the one to believe that Akasha exist. Why would a person lost in losing battle to make the ends meet venture into finding it out? Poor won't have the motivation to think about it.

Why do we have to believe something that can not be identified by five senses? Aren't we cheating or taking advantage of the prevailing uncertainty with the help of scriptures, temple and God? Such a position would lead to aethism and I am not discussing aethism. So back to the title question.

Pranaam....

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste Ani,

Not trying to convince you but I am curious therefore this rhetorical question, do you think that akasha is for the rich and powerful only?
    Last edited by Anirudh; 21 February 2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Anirudh.,

How are you? I wanted to ask you... how much of details you know about the flower seller beyond you witnessing and assuming the 'flower' is sold to devotees. What if the flower is not sold to devotees only? I can ask zillion question but surely all will have 'assumption' as answer without proper facts. So, with what authority and with what rights we are forcefully believing that, the flower seller did not benefit or did not do business or on what emotions we are saying God did not create her an opportunity which in fact He has done it! What is attracting you as well as distracting you is not SEEING this as an opportunity to her but so unfortunate that you are seeing the bribe she pays as fault of God! What if it is PLan of God!

As i asked this question earlier, God's business is making sure you uphold your freewill and do what you desire to do and He participates in execution of "your" freewill by providing everything necessary and also the "Judge" of Rewards for your actions. Its a most complex system as God has to find ways to support...

1. His dear Anirudh - to vent and ask question about Him
    2. The policemen who finds his joy in collecting money from a poor seller
    3. The flower seller - who has to make an earning to sustain her life

and we can come up with long list that can fill every GB/TBS of this forum. Right. If at all you can digest and understand that, from the view of Lord, there cannot be discrimination of what a cheater wants to do or a murderer wants to do from what a devotee wants to do. But, whether all of them can achieve what they want to do only makes the difference and only in this aspect, He gives assurances like giving Protection, providing Guru and giving eternal freedom etc. for those who are willing to surrender and want to associate with Him in His service.

For every other actions, other beings are involved and the complex web starts there so if a thief want to steal, its his antrayamin who enables him to plan and execute the theft. But, there are police who also wants to catch the thief - punish him etc and such is also enabled by their antrayamin. Also, Karma for thief...if he has to get caught by other citizens or bitten by a dog etc. all happens as disconnected but coordinated events - orchestrated by the Master of all!

The only activity that does not result is further Karma or push you into the web of action/reaction chain reaction is, devotion to that Paramatma without any tinge of doubt and with deep love. For that, you don't have to be rich or poor and anyone can develop taste for His prema !

Hare Krshna

Dear Anirudh.,

Wanted to point out one of your sentence - as many new learners have this assumption - that, God has made an imperfect creation in you! or this world!

I am his creation, When there is no perfection in his creation why he expects me to be perfect?
    With the message posted few min earlier, this is one sort of continuation.

God is perfect and He also created everything perfect. A perfectly designed and implemented world where affairs are clumsy and there is competition for survival is not and should not be seen as "His" imperfect creation. He has created a perfect vehicle for the Jivas as they desire - for someone to enjoy animal desire, the animal body and human desire the human body. Where is imperfection here? The imperfection is Jiva's, the desire to be something that is imperfect before it was known or realized.

He expects you to be perfect - not in the sense of your world but He knows what is perfect that is "Absolutely Perfect" which is His kingdom as in Vaikunta or Goloka. He expect you to desire that - the perfect situation which is also perfect in all sense, time etc.

The questions raising in your head is due to trying to make some sort of perfection here in the imperfect world and there is no Absolute all justice living in this world and the best we know or dream of will fall into the "relative" judgement of Best!

Roll back to my first response.. connect and see if you are getting any answers subsiding your emotions.

Hare Krshna!

Thread Information