Thread: Greetings from a new person

Greetings from a new person

Hello

I've been interested in Hinduism for a while now and this is why I decided to join this forum. I still have a lot to learn and I've been reading several discussions, which I've found very helpful (thank you to the people who post here).

I feel very lost in my learning progress right now (even choosing the translation of some texts can be difficult since I've noticed that sometimes people say that some translations are more in line with specific branches) so I'm hoping that joining will help me stay motivated and find more direction.

There are some reasons why I'm not so sure if Hinduism is for me or not but those are problems I experience with religion in general. I'm a very curious person and I always like to think about the big patterns, scientific knowledge, and those sorts of things, which often makes me feel more confused.

Another reason is more personal. I have a mental illness that causes me a lot of distress that has affected my religious experiences in the past, because sometimes I have lots of trouble doing as much as I would like and I tend to end up feeling anxious over getting things wrong or being disrespectful and that only makes me feel even worse.

I'm sorry for the very long post. This is the most I've told anyone about personal things in a public site, I think.

Thank you for reading, have a great day. I look forward to reading more posts and joining discussions where I can.

Re: Greetings from a new person

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

Pranam.

Re: Greetings from a new person

Vannakkam: Greetings back from an old person. I hope your stay here is fruitful, and I'm glad you did some reading first. Many don't.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information