Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reconversion

Re: Reconversion

Actually, there is a solution for using gold in a western economy based on electronics. What you do, is do away with the national currencies and start pricing things in terms of ounces/grams (here, we use troy ounces) of gold/silver. A blouse might cost 1.3 ounces of silver (or grams, rather, for countries like India), or a particular computer might cost .75 ounces of gold. Because of these minute fractions, this could be handled with a card, something like a "gold card" that handles deposits of physical gold and silver into the account and disbursement into transactions electronically or withdrawal at the "warehouse." So, you go to your store and buy your goods for the week or next several days, and the cost is 2.35 ounces of silver or a very small fraction of gold (cash registers will be equipped with software capable of accessing the relative market values of gold/silver ratios and offering the cost of the purchase in both gold and silver, or maybe configure the register software to detect the metal to be bought with in the account magnetic strip or chip in the card. Some people have a lot of gold, some only a bit of gold, and some cannot afford but silver or even base metal.

Thing is, ideally, this would not be handled by a bank, but by a "warehouse," where a warehouse is set up to accept deposits of physical gold and silver for a small nominal fee for storage and is NOT ALLOWED to loan out the metals in storage for any purpose, only for safe keeping for the owners. This entails depositing only essayed metal bars or known coins authorized so as to maintain purity of the metals being deposited (can be nondestructively essayed on the spot for purity). In return, a gold card is issued to the customer for use against his metals. The interesting part is that the warehouse issues two kinds of cards; one for customers, and another for former customers. If there is a fractional amount left over in the account after all the metals have been returned to the customer down to the smallest fraction available, like the smallest coin of .5 grams used to reduce the difference down to .43 grams of gold left in the account after all gold/silver has been returned. The second card, for former customers, contains the remaining balance and is more like a pre-paid credit card, becoming useless and destroyed after the remaining balance has been used up in transaction(s). Like a gift card you use to put towards something, and then you pay the rest owed at the register with your own money.

As for the very last comment about "highly subjective perspectives." It can be a danger if people accept that perspective as fact, as has been happening in the US and I run across a few people with this kind of perspective. However, it can be illuminating to see what kind of people actually believe in Wendy's perspective, i.e., Wendy's Children. You have to remember that they continue to be in influential positions in academia, rendering the diaspora as mere "Native Informers" to the academics. The fight is on to counter this and prevent what happened to the Native Americans from happening to Sanātanis.

I would suggest reading this post several times to let it sink in as to the possibilities of using money as I described.

Re: Reconversion

Namaste DeafAncient,

[As always my personal perspective as a polytheist, let no one be offended by it]

Quote Originally Posted by deafAncient View Post
    Actually, there is a solution for using gold in a western economy based on electronics. What you do, is do away with the national currencies and start pricing things in terms of ounces/grams (here, we use troy ounces) of gold/silver. A blouse might cost 1.3 ounces of silver (or grams, rather, for countries like India), or a particular computer might cost .75 ounces of gold. Because of these minute fractions, this could be handled with a card, something like a "gold card" that handles deposits of physical gold and silver into the account and disbursement into transactions electronically or withdrawal at the "warehouse." So, you go to your store and buy your goods for the week or next several days, and the cost is 2.35 ounces of silver or a very small fraction of gold (cash registers will be equipped with software capable of accessing the relative market values of gold/silver ratios and offering the cost of the purchase in both gold and silver, or maybe configure the register software to detect the metal to be bought with in the account magnetic strip or chip in the card. Some people have a lot of gold, some only a bit of gold, and some cannot afford but silver or even base metal.

Thing is, ideally, this would not be handled by a bank, but by a "warehouse," where a warehouse is set up to accept deposits of physical gold and silver for a small nominal fee for storage and is NOT ALLOWED to loan out the metals in storage for any purpose, only for safe keeping for the owners. This entails depositing only essayed metal bars or known coins authorized so as to maintain purity of the metals being deposited (can be nondestructively essayed on the spot for purity). In return, a gold card is issued to the customer for use against his metals. The interesting part is that the warehouse issues two kinds of cards; one for customers, and another for former customers. If there is a fractional amount left over in the account after all the metals have been returned to the customer down to the smallest fraction available, like the smallest coin of .5 grams used to reduce the difference down to .43 grams of gold left in the account after all gold/silver has been returned. The second card, for former customers, contains the remaining balance and is more like a pre-paid credit card, becoming useless and destroyed after the remaining balance has been used up in transaction(s). Like a gift card you use to put towards something, and then you pay the rest owed at the register with your own money.
    I am sure this can be done at least theoretically, but can you explain why you are so eager to use gold. As I see it gold is what caused the whole corrupt banking system in the first place, because people started using their IOU's for gold in stead of the gold itself. What you propose comes down to the same thing. Rather than exchanging an IOU for money, one would want to exchange the money itself, that is possible with Bitcoins.

All the problems started with gold. Exactly because it was not handy to carry gold. Traders would be robbed, so they asked the local goldsmith to keep their gold for them. The goldsmith would give them an IOU. Now when trading stuff the traders started to exchange the IOU´s in stead of the gold, knowing they could be exchanged for gold again. The goldsmith soon discovered that at any period no more than 10% of the gold in his safe would be withdrawn. So the smart goldsmith started to lend gold to other people by giving them IOU´s. And these people again often did not withdraw the gold either, but used their IOU´s to pay their debts. The goldsmith soon realized he could easily lend out ten times the amount of gold he had in store, and with a 10% interest rate could double the capital (not even his!) in one year! The IOU's came to be known as banknotes. Gold IS what created banking, creating money out of thin air and endless debts. Even if we outlaw it, corrupt bankers and politicians would soon do the same again.

So why do you insist on using gold? What is the advantage of your system?

Quote Originally Posted by deafAncient View Post
    As for the very last comment about "highly subjective perspectives." It can be a danger if people accept that perspective as fact, as has been happening in the US and I run across a few people with this kind of perspective. However, it can be illuminating to see what kind of people actually believe in Wendy's perspective, i.e., Wendy's Children. You have to remember that they continue to be in influential positions in academia, rendering the diaspora as mere "Native Informers" to the academics. The fight is on to counter this and prevent what happened to the Native Americans from happening to Sanātanis.
    That sounds very Christian to me, they have been burning books for thousands of years to prevent people getting the wrong ideas. The idea in Hinduism used to be opposite. Have strict social rules (respect) so people can have their own ideas, creating a wealth of diversity in ideas. That is what we want to cherish: diversity.

Are you "your brothers keeper". You want to tell others what is good for them? You decide what is proper reading? I think it only shows that Hinduism is becoming more Abramistic. The whole idea that there is something like a uniform view on Hinduism that needs to be defended is hilariously Abramistic. Hinduism as a monolithic religion does not even exist, only as a nationalistic concept. When nationalism takes over religion than religious diversity is denied for some common nationalistic ideal. Then people start to feel ashamed that other Hindus revere animals or ancestors had a less puritanic sexual moral, or used drugs.

What foreign academics write has zero influence on the beliefs of common people. They are a million times more influenced by endlesly repeated silly commercials. Really, if you want to warn for a dangerous idea, it is the one so popular on forums: "All paths lead to the same God". This is the idea spread by all proselytisers. Because you can never convert someone unless you can convince him nothing much changes. It is when people are securely converted that they are told that their old God was really the devil, to prevent them from going back.

When children convert to Christianity and tell their Hindu parents, they are shocked that their children betray their ancestors tradition. But the children refute them: You yourselves said that all paths lead to the same god, so how can you now say it is wrong?

Lets stop defending this idea. Yes the adharmic path leads as much to God as the dharmic path. Did Ravana and Bali not find liberation at the hands of Rama? Sure they did! But Hindus should firmly choose the dharmic path over the adharmic path and understand the difference between the two. Those proselytising are adharmic to begin with. Who cares what god they worship, their path is the wrong one!

Sanatan Dharm is the path of Dharm. It is not about the destination, it is about how we get there. It is the adharmic people that after having created a lot of bad karma seek the fast way out by seeking Gods grace. It is like a game. You want to play the game to the end. But those that break the rules are disqualified and leave the game early. A game is not about the end score, it is those who act for the result that want to win at all costs and break the rules. The game of life is about the joy of playing. Play well, follow the path of dharma, and enjoy the game.

The end is not the goal. If the end is the goal, then death is the purpose of life. Then the purpose of a vacation is coming home. Then the purpose of drinking is getting drunk. Then the purpose of gambling is losing money. Then the purpose of work becomes the pay-check alone. Then not the action but the result counts. Those who say God is the purpose are only interested in the result. For them the end justifies the means, That is the opposite of the path of Dharm, that is defined by the action itself.

If what I say is not Hinduism, then I am not a Hindu. But I am sure it is Sanatan Dharm. This path does not depend on anyone's ideas or scriptures. This path is written in our heart and the laws of Nature, that is why this path is eternal. For the Vedas are only eternal in that they reflect the laws of the Heart and Nature. Like the Newton's laws do not depend on Isaac Newton. It does not matter who writes these laws down, or whether you believe in them or not.

The laws of Heart and Nature are very different from the laws of God that are theology. Theology, philosophy developed later, Is is the invention, the theories of intellectuals. Ideas hold high as truth, that are only valid for the believers. Like all imagination it has to be believed in first. Living in this imagination Nature and its laws become the illusion. Everything becomes reversed.

No polytheist would ever kill anyone for not believing in the laws of nature. If you do not believe the fire will burn you? Well go ahead and try. You do not believe gravity can hurt you? Well jump off the cliff. You think the Gods can not hurt you? Go insult them. Monotheist have tried to proof that natural laws do not affect them. They walk on hot coals to convince people of this. They do all kind of tricks. They insult the gods and say they are not effected because they do not die on the spot, but their lives are misery. The polytheist says: do that, I do not care. See where your path brings you, I follow the path of Dharma.

The polytheist does not have to defend illusions. Really he does not even care what others think or write. But people that live in illusions live in a house of cards. Deep down they know how feeble their religion is, as it is based on beliefs, not eternal natural law. They can not allow others questioning their beliefs. That is why they are book burners. That is why they kill in the name of a God that has to revenge any insult. That is why even unbelief becomes an insult.

But for me as polytheist, I do not care. People that follow the path of Dharm, they find the truth in their Heart and in the laws of Nature around them. Even if they burn all the Vedas, this truth is not destroyed. It does not depend on books. Books do not save it, books do not destroy it. All over the world their are people following the path of Dharm, independent of any belief.

I do not worry, Christianity tried to destroy science but science overcame Christianity. Vedas = knowledge, sciences = knowledge. Vedas = sciences. Only knowledge that reflects reality is indestructible. All other knowledge is scared, and wants to defend itself.

How weak it is to be scared of different ideas.
    Last edited by Avyaydya; 26 March 2015 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information