Thread: I really don't understand

I really don't understand

Namste all!
    I am so sorry for my height in ignorance but I really don't understand Dvaitya, advaita and vishistadvaita, so please tell me in simple words about this philosophies and nature or way of devotion of persons within this philosophies...
    Sorry again.....
    Pranam!!!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: I really don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light View Post
    Namste all!
    I am so sorry for my height in ignorance but I really don't understand Dvaitya, advaita and vishistadvaita, so please tell me in simple words about this philosophies and nature or way of devotion of persons within this philosophies...
    Sorry again.....
    Pranam!!!
    Hello, these are three different philosophical views, basically dealing with the realtionship between God (Brahman), living entity (jiva) and the world (jagat).

*Dvaita (dualism): Brahman, jiva and jagat are three separate realities.
    *Vishistadvaita (qualified monism): Jiva and jagat are real, but dependent parts of Brahman.
    *Advaita (monism): Jiva and jagat are unreal when compared to Brahman (the ultimate truth). In other words, the ultimate truth is the non-dual, all pervasive Brahman/Pure Consciousness. Jiva and jagat are mere appearences, produced on Brahman by it's veiling power called "Maya".
    Brahman is the real, permanent and changeless substratum for the changing, unreal phenomena.
    Jiva is not an independent, individual entity separated from Brahman, but appears to be so due to sharira trayam (three bodies) which is a product of maya and ultimately illusory.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by ale84; 14 December 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Hello.,

This was asked earlier and here is one liner

Dvaita - TattvaVada - Dependant and independent are two reals! ( among three substances, Jiva, Jada and Iswara or God). Ishwara alone is independant always and jiva and jada are dependant on Iswara eternally
    VishistAdvaita - Jiva, Jada are body parts to body Ishwara - Jiva and Jada being capable of experiencing Ishwara through this body-body part relationship are in Oneness - Oneness on the basis of Qualification and potential to experience the Same!
    Advaita - There is only one Substance and that alone is real - You are That! Everything else are neither real nor un real!

Hare Krshna!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Light View Post
    Namste all!
    Sorry again.....
    Pranam!!!
    Namaste Soul of Light

Here I will give you a link to one of the conversations that was a long time ago: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...053#post100053

In these posts starting from post #18 I did not give definitions of the terms Dvaita, Visistadvaita, Advaita, but I explained the basic difference between Advaita and Vaishnava systems of philosophy. I hope it will help you to understand.

regards

Thank you ale84 ji for your reply, yep it helps.
    Thank you to grames ji also, and yes I also thought that this question must ask earlier I do search for difference between dvaita and advaita but nothing happens so I make new thread, sorry If my question is repeated.
    -Pranam!!
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Thread Information