Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shirdi Sai Baba

Re: Shirdi Sai Baba

Namaste,

The above link mentions "Bhavishya Purana" which is 5000 years old and makes predictions about the dead guy hanging on a cross (sorry it is forbidden by the moderators to mention his name). So much for the credibility of this site.

Pranam.

The cause of this is a lack of any epistemological sense of "spiritual" seekers. You can tell them anything. Case study:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoWmNAS16fY

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    I am hoping to go to India early next year by the Lords Grace and would like to study.....[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    You are not ready for a trip to India. The first sadhu/baba that you run into there and are mesmerized by, will steal you blind and you will wake up in a back alley completely naked. You seem to be "inspired" by every schmuck who can regurgitate some bable in the form of a new XXXGita. Wake up and smell the coffee. Only read the valid, ancient scriptures and read commentaries by acharyas, instead of everything under the sun titled as xxxxGita and taught by a guy with long hair and flowing robes. Lot of idiots push aside God and insist on being worshipped as the current incarnation of some deity as is evident from the above video.

Pranam.

Believer Ji,

Please do not talk to me as if you know me, I had a very successful 5 years in India. I did not say I was going to run to him, I said I liked that mantra only.....

But if your happy with your preconceived ideas that's fine with me.

Just to make it clear to you so you will not misunderstand what I meant was that I was more interesting in the study of Sri Dattatreya not that swami, which I said I am not into institutions.

Ys

Md
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 07 December 2014 at 10:22 AM.

Have you heard of Mushaka Baba and Kadamba Sadhu?

Pranams Sahasranama,

No I have not heard of Mushaka Baba, please tell. I know Kadamba Prabhu ( if its the same one) I met him in Vrndavan in 94, i do not really associate myself with Iskcon so much these days, but I still have many friends there and keep in touch. I am not going to India to seek a Guru, I already have one who is a very fine high quality Vaishnava, I have my own routes that I will revisit but I am interested while I am there to see if I can gain some teachings about Sri Dattatreya if possible, its a simple thing really, no need for any dramas

Ys

Md

P.S I watched the whole film of Vikram Gandhi last year, I was so sad because I almost bought a ticket to America to take initiation from him, I was dreadfully disappointed
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 07 December 2014 at 01:47 PM.

namaste maarkandeya daasa,
    I think he (Sahasranama) was just joking about mushika baba and kadamba sadhu. They're probably just made up, just like Believer's "mulla HawaaBaaz"

P.S I watched the whole film of Vikram Gandhi last year, I was so sad because I almost bought a ticket to America to take initiation from him, I was dreadfully disappointment
    Oh come on, you must be kidding.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Pranams Sahasranama,

No I have not heard of Mushaka Baba, please tell.
    Mushaka Baba and Kadamba Sadhu are also known as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

P.S I watched the whole film of Vikram Gandhi last year, I was so sad because I almost bought a ticket to America to take initiation from him, I was dreadfully disappointed
    It is understandable, there is not much difference between Kumare and any other guru walking out there. The problem is that newbies to eastern spirituality have not developed any criticial thinking and scepticism about people assuming the role of a guru. Can you imagine how this must have been in the time of the hippies?

Namaste M108dasa,

Please do not talk to me as if you know me,
    I am sorry about my comments and yes, I don't know you. All I see is the stuff brought to the forum and the sources that "inspire" you. What should I make of that?

I apologize that you took my comments as belittling you. What I was trying to do was to give some shock treatment to alert you to the dangers lurking there for novices. Now that I know you have been there and have successfully navigated your way around for 5 years, I will quit advising about the need to be alert from all the fake sadhus and babas that infest every city and every village there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Can you imagine how this must have been in the time of the hippies?
    Sahas, hippies had the last laugh. I was in Delhi at that time. First of all, they hung around only with babas who would share with them the ganja hukkahs. Secondly, many of them were dead broke and raised money by repeatedly selling blood at the local hospitals or by begging at Connaught Place in the center of town. Like a fool, I would feel sorry for them and give them some change whenever I ran into one.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 07 December 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information