Thread: Sri Ganesha Small Murti-Installation/Invocation Puja procedure

Sri Ganesha Small Murti-Installation/Invocation Puja procedure

Namaste,

One of my relatives got a small silver murti of Sri Ganesha.I was asked about the proper method of installing(pratishta) or invoking(aavahana) puja.I do not know the exact procedure or mantras.Could anyone tell me the method and the chants to be used.Also,are there any other suggestions I could pass on that would help my relatives in their daily murti worship?
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Re: Sri Ganesha Small Murti-Installation/Invocation Puja procedure

Vannakkam: I don't think that for the layperson, there is much. Most people I know would just start worshiping. Others would hire a priest to to install it for them similar to a house breaking ceremony. Yet others would take it to a temple for blessing. Generally a priest would place the home murthy beside the temple murthy so some of the vibration rubs off so to speak. This may last one puja up to several days.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Sri Ganesha Small Murti-Installation/Invocation Puja procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I don't think that for the layperson, there is much. Most people I know would just start worshiping. Others would hire a priest to to install it for them similar to a house breaking ceremony. Yet others would take it to a temple for blessing. Generally a priest would place the home murthy beside the temple murthy so some of the vibration rubs off so to speak. This may last one puja up to several days.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EM Ji,

Yes,most people I've seen start worshiping directly.

We invite a priest during the annual Sri Ganesh Festival,when all my relatives and neighbors together install a big(about 10 feet)clay murti.

similar to this size:

Also,we have a puja procedure which we use in our home for doing puja to clay Ganapati but I'm not sure if I can suggest them to use same for silver murtis,as this is a permanent murti whereas the former ones are immersed in water bodies at the conclusion of festival.

I'll tell them to take it to a temple as you suggested,thanks Ji.

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Thread Information