Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspirations

Re: Inspirations

Namaste,

After 2 and a half very purifying but extremely successful months in India I am about to start a 45 day trek to the chatur dham yatra in Himalaya. There is a group of 7 of us and we will be starting from a town just north of Dehradun and head up to Yamunotri, then we will follow the paths through the peaks and valleys and avoid as much as possible the roads, and head towards Badrinatha at a steady pace of 20-30km per day, cooking our own food on the way and camping outside. I never usually keep a diary of events but for this trip I think its a must, we will visit a lake not sure of the name but it is apparently the birth place of Lord Ganesh, there are many pastimes and places that I never even heard of before that are quite hidden. So I am very inspired about this journey.

Ys

Md

Namaste,

That indeed is an inspirational and an enviable yatra! Hope you stay warm in the outdoor camps and have a successful darshan of all the holy sites along the way.

BTW, Lord Ganesh's birthplace seems to be near Dodi Tal (Lake Dodi).
    http://www.shunya.net/Text/Blog/birthplaceofganesh.htm

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Namaste,

After 2 and a half very purifying but extremely successful months in India I am about to start a 45 day trek to the chatur dham yatra in Himalaya. There is a group of 7 of us and we will be starting from a town just north of Dehradun and head up to Yamunotri, then we will follow the paths through the peaks and valleys and avoid as much as possible the roads, and head towards Badrinatha at a steady pace of 20-30km per day, cooking our own food on the way and camping outside. I never usually keep a diary of events but for this trip I think its a must, we will visit a lake not sure of the name but it is apparently the birth place of Lord Ganesh, there are many pastimes and places that I never even heard of before that are quite hidden. So I am very inspired about this journey.

Ys

Md

Namaste markandeya dasa ji,

Welcome back! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Have a great trip.

praṇām
    śrīmate nārāyaṇāya namaḥ

Hare KRshNa

Please do keep that diary and linger a while to meditate at VishNu prayAg --- Chaturbhuj KRshNA Mandir at the corner of the valley. Please do breathe deep in that valley at the foothills of Badrinath. barefoot GopAL and Gopis carrying huge pots of mAkhan wander there
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dandavat Pranams Hare Krsna,

Thank you all for your replies. I just finished the yatra a few days ago , sadly I did not go to Dodi tal, because at the time it was to early and the mountain pass from Yamunotri side was still unpassible and covered with Ice and snow, same as Sapta Rishi, which I was also hoping to visit but was to early, so we crossed the mountain further south and went to UttarKashi and then walked up Ganga Valley to Gangotri and Go Mukh.

The hardest Part of the walk was crossing the mountains from Ganga valley into the Kheda range and upto Khedanatha, we camped almost everyday of the journey and had early morning baths at 4 am and usually walked from 6am to 3-4pm and cooked our own food, mostly Kichori and Roti, we had no guides or donkeys to carry our stuff, some of the scenery we saw will always to be hard for me to put into words, espcially when we was crossing over into the Kheda Range, and the views at Tunganatha.

The local mountain people are amazing, so simple and untouched in many places by time, I broke off on my own just before tri Yugi Narayana, and walked for 3 weeks on my own and the support I had at times from people along the way will always stay in my heart.

But I managed all 4 main yatras and other Tirthas over a 45 day period all by foot, it was not easy but very rewarding (although no rewards was asked for)

I did not keep a journal, but it was certainly a lifetime experience. No matter how well I think I did I will never forget meeting one Ram Bhakta who was 91 and did it all without shoes, and he walked faster than anyone, a true Sadhu. Not to many people do it by foot or take the original mountain routes, but we met some rare souls along the way.

Its an amazing part of India steeped in History and I was fortunate to visit places such as Tri Yugi Narayana, Tunganatha, Old Keda, among other wonderful ancient places. Will need some rest and now back in UK, but I would do it again and reccomend anyone that can manage it to do it, its certainly not an ordinary thing. I did get lost at one point and was was stuck in a river pass for 5 days with no food and had to dig deep to get out, or should i say pray deep, but it was all part of the journey and purification.

There are many things that will stay in mind, but 15 kilometres south of DevPrayaga on the opposite side to the main road is a place named Vyas Ghat, in fact the walk from DevPrayag down to Laxman Joola, on the other side, the old route is amazing, as all know this is where Ganga Ma becomes one river, where Bhagirati and Alakananda meet, and the stretch going down to Laxman Jhula is for me the most beautiful part, its like ganga is enjoying herself, meditating calmly on her own glory just after merging at DevPrayag and before she meets the civilizations further down, if I was not pressed for time I would have stayed at Vyas Ghat longer, its totally silent and serene with only the mountain peacocks and a few other forms of wildlife breaking the soft hum which Ganga Ma vibrates.

I have done a few Pada-yatras in India, and all are divine when walked, the way its supposed to be done, but Char Dham Yatra, which is a way more than just 4 Tirthas has hit a special place in me.

I have had a very fruitful time in India, its been 10 years since I was there last and sadly the holy places are beccoming more and more commercial, I was sad to the core to see whats happening at Sri Jaganatha Puri, anyway what they do cannot supress or cover is the sincere Bhakta who visits whith the heart desiring Bhakti and devotion.

Your Servant

Md
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 11 June 2015 at 07:33 AM.

Namaste,

Welcome back and thanks for taking the time to share some of your experiences.

Pranam.

Pranams,

He who is the very form of existence, consciousness, and bliss; who possesses inconceivable, multifarious, and unlimited energies that are of his own nature; who is the ocean of unlimited, mutually contradictory qualities, such that in him both the attribute and the possessor of attributes, the lack of differences and varieties of differences, formlessness and form, pervasiveness and centrality (madhyamatva) all are true; whose beautiful form is self-luminous, distinct from both gross and subtle entities, and consists entirely of his own nature; who has unlimited such forms manifested by his chief form called Bhagavān; whose left side is beautified by Lakṣmī, the manifestation of his personal energy, suitable to his own form; who resides in his own abode, along with his associates, who are furnished with forms that are a special manifestation of his own splendour; who astonishes the hosts of ātmārāmas (those who take pleasure in the self) by his wonderful qualities, pastimes, and so on, which are characterised by the play of his personal energy; whose own generic brilliance is manifested in the form of the reality of Brahman; who is the sole shelter and life of his marginal energy, called the living entities (jīvas); whose mere reflected energy is the modes of nature (guṇas), visible in the unlimited phenomenal world; he is Bhagavān. Srila jiva Goswami

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Pranams,

He who is the very form of existence, consciousness, and bliss; who possesses inconceivable, multifarious, and unlimited energies that are of his own nature; who is the ocean of unlimited, mutually contradictory qualities, such that in him both the attribute and the possessor of attributes, the lack of differences and varieties of differences, formlessness and form, pervasiveness and centrality (madhyamatva) all are true; whose beautiful form is self-luminous, distinct from both gross and subtle entities, and consists entirely of his own nature; who has unlimited such forms manifested by his chief form called Bhagavān; whose left side is beautified by Lakṣmī, the manifestation of his personal energy, suitable to his own form; who resides in his own abode, along with his associates, who are furnished with forms that are a special manifestation of his own splendour; who astonishes the hosts of ātmārāmas (those who take pleasure in the self) by his wonderful qualities, pastimes, and so on, which are characterised by the play of his personal energy; whose own generic brilliance is manifested in the form of the reality of Brahman; who is the sole shelter and life of his marginal energy, called the living entities (jīvas); whose mere reflected energy is the modes of nature (guṇas), visible in the unlimited phenomenal world; he is Bhagavān. Srila jiva Goswami
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information