Thread: Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Adi Shankara

Question Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Adi Shankara

Namaste , Hari Om.

I have been searching for Bhagavad Gita bhashya of Shankaracharya translated in Hindi . But I really wondered I could not find any ebook on Internet though shankara's commentary is very popular .

I know there is Gitapress's bhagavad gita bhashya of Adi Shankara . But it is translated by harikrishna goyandaka . I didn't hear anything about him . I think that he is not advaitian .( Correct me if I'm wrong ) . So I am not sure whether I should go with it .

So I need any other Shankara's Bhagavad Gita translated in Hindi . So I request you to look out for any good Adi shankara's Gita Bhashya .

And Suggest me any Good Bhagavad Gita translated by any well-known Advaitian Vaishnawa .

Thank You .
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 21 February 2014 at 09:29 PM.
    Hari On!

Re: Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Adi Shankara

Namaste HLK,

I think Gita Press's Bhagwad Gita BhAsya is OK. I have one copy of it with me and I think its translation is more or less correctly done. Goyanka surely is not an Advaitin but a Vaishnava but he doesn't deny Advaita. In fact, I have found that Advaita is accepted by Vaishnavas, Shaivas and ShAktas and there is no fight as we witness it here on internet discussions.

Tulsidas was a confirmed Vaishnava and yet he praises Lord Shiva as the Supreme in his RudrAshtakam. He has been described as the "Brahman-swaroop", "Nirvikalpam i.e. Only one without a choice", "Omkaar", "Moolam i.e. origin of everything", "TurIyam i.e. fourth state of Brahman", "Formless" etc. there. As I have written earlier too on this forum, there is a well-known living Vaishnava-saint in Varanasi named, "Ramlakahn Das ji" who is also known as "Seekar Baba" who talks authoritatively on Advaita and claims that it has come to him with his own personal experience and not by reading scriptures. ... and he is still a Vaishnava. he finds no conflict in being a Vaishnava and also an Advaitin simultaneously.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Smile Re: Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Adi Shankara

Thank You Devotee for your support .

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste HLK,

I think Gita Press's Bhagwad Gita BhAsya is OK. I have one copy of it with me and I think its translation is more or less correctly done. Goyanka surely is not an Advaitin but a Vaishnava but he doesn't deny Advaita.
    This is out of my understanding ! How a non-advaitian can explain Advaita ? The translator should be advaitian whose entire life is fully devoted to advaita . So who is goyanka ? If advaita is the negation of all dualities, then how a single mind can accept both advaita and dvaita ? No , it is not possible . From his translation , I clearly found some verses that are not translated accurately . In many verses , he failed to understand Advaita . He didn't comprehend adi shankara's view of Shri krishna . It's my firm belief that dualistic mind can not ever understand Advaita .

By the way , I am here asking Is there any known advaitian who translated Shankara Bhashya in Hindi Language ? If no , it will be much surprising thing for me .

Tulsidas was a confirmed Vaishnava and yet he praises Lord Shiva as the Supreme in his RudrAshtakam. He has been described as the "Brahman-swaroop", "Nirvikalpam i.e. Only one without a choice", "Omkaar", "Moolam i.e. origin of everything", "TurIyam i.e. fourth state of Brahman", "Formless" etc. there.
    Yes , Tulsidas was a real vaishnwa like Tukaram , Adi shankara , Dnyaneshwar , Eknath ....All of them had not only experienced the Parbrahma but had become the Parbrahma themselves. They were extremely rich in altars of spiritual experiences which they showered upon the posterity.

Hare Krishna
    Hari On!

Re: Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Adi Shankara

Namaste HLK,

May be what you say is right but I could not find any other Hindi translation done which can be relied upon.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information