Thread: Hello From Tasmania Australia

Hello From Tasmania Australia

Since I just joined this site and, since I hope to be here as a participant for a few years, I'll post "a bit of background" to give readers some idea of the person who posts at this site from time to time.

Some readers may find that I say too much in the post below; if this is the case, it will help to give an overall balance in this section of the site where many people say little to nothing about themselves.-Ron Price, Australia
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2013

2010-2013-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
    1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
    2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
    1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
    ---ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN RETIREMENT---------
    1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
    1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
    1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
    1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
    1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
    1979-Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC---all in Launceston Tasmania
    1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat, Victoria
    1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
    1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston, Tasmania
    1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Dept.
    1971-Primary School Teacher Whyalla South Australia
    ----ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN AUSTRALIA---- CANADA----BELOW----
    1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
    1969-Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
    1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
    1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
    1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni-1963-1966, Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
    1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario
    1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2013

I have been married twice for a total of 46 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 67. We’ve had one child: age 36. I have two step-children: ages: 47 and 42, three step-grandchildren, ages 19, 17 and 3, as well as one grandchild age 2. All of the above applies in October 2013. I am 69, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet.

I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 32 years in classrooms as a teacher and another 18 as a student. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 235 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website is found at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ You can also go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words in addition to: poetry, forums, religion, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, philosophy, inter alia, to access my writing________________________
    married for 46 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer & editor for 14, and a Baha'i for 54(in 2013)

Re: Hello From Tasmania Australia

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

- "I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years."

As a long standing member of the Baha’i Faith, what do you expect to learn from/contribute to this Hindu forum?

Pranam.

Belated thanks for your question. I hope, by the interchange of views, to understand Hinduism better and, in the process, enable others to understand the Baha'i Faith better. I hope, too, to get back here more often than once every 14 months.-Ron Price, Australia
    married for 46 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer & editor for 14, and a Baha'i for 54(in 2013)

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post
    I hope, by the interchange of views, to understand Hinduism better and, in the process, enable others to understand the Baha'i Faith better. I hope, too, to get back here more often than once every 14 months.-Ron Price, Australia
    You are welcome to visit us and learn all you want about Hinduism, but I don't think we have much appetite to learn about your faith. As far as I know, this is a Hindu forum and not a forum for inter-religious discussions.

Pranam.

Vannakkam: Welcome to the forum, and hope you find it beneficial.

But yes, Believer is right, proseltyzing is against our rules.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information