Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conjunction of Jupiter , Saturn and Rahu

Re: Conjunction of Jupiter , Saturn and Rahu

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Can you offer the reader some authoritive¹ reference? This then would be helpful for us to read these sections for a better understanding of your offer.
    Pranam,

Each passing interval of time has the imprint of one or the other Devatā. Accordingly, we worship certain Devatā-s at certain hour of the day/ night, or certain days of the week, or certain months of the year, and so on.

Dharma sees, and more than that models, Man along the construct of dyāvāprithvi (heaven-earth); this vision alone has made unimaginable changes in the history of Man: we don't know or remember all this, because we ourselves are the products of it.

There has always been two sides to the history of Bhārata; one we know somewhat, but the other one is that of migrations. So people from here populated the corners of the globe, just as they continue to do even today.

Vedic knowledge was on decline, and in the case of Jyotisha it became even more compounded due to the admixture of the remnants of Vedic Jyotisha with the yavanas' knowledge which at best was even a more degraded Jyotisha version - emigrated out first and now being immigrated back in. And just like in linguistics, some forms here or there which are no more extant in classical Sanskrit are found in other scattered indo-europian (and also Chinese and Japanese counterparts), where this discovery made some over enthusiastic linguists to start building up a so called "proto-indo-europian" (abbreviated, PIE) language - which is thus supposed to be the mother-Arya lingo, in the same manner, common and uncommon elements of the prevalent Jyotisha and Yavanas' made some delighted Hindu scholars to conjure up this "proto-indo-yavana" (allow me, PIY).

(Just as this scholars' marvel, PIY, didn't do any good to anyone, similarly I suppose PIE will only harm those who actually believe in it)

So, in this context, it is not hard to follow what I mean to say.

As starters, who are the Vedic Devatā-s presiding the nava-graha-s? Or, if we understand that Jyotisha is about (as you yourself have explained somewhere) cycles and time-periods, who are the Vedic Devatā-s of dyāvāprithvi assigned each day of the week - ravivāra to śanivāra? This is indeed an open question that has to negotiated between the Vedicsts and the Jytoishis who want to understand the foundations of their art.

So, there will be perhaps some other time and place for "the proximity of budha and guru to rahu", but as emphasised earlier, a right understanding of rahu's nature is the very foundation on which all of astrology rests, and that indeed rahu is the very basis of astrology, should be the focus right now.

I think I'll probably soon start a thread on rahu, where I'll be quoting, not from a Jyotisha text, but from a mainline Hindu text which took extra troubles to preserve an important aspect of Jyotisha.

We live in interesting times.

Jai Hanuman,
    KT
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Re: Conjunction of Jupiter , Saturn and Rahu

delete
    Last edited by amazon; 28 April 2015 at 05:13 AM.

Thread Information