Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar, salt

Re: Sugar, salt

Salt is not a factor for diabetes, but excess salt will cause high osmotic pressure
    and hence retain more water content in blood.so instead of normal 5-6lit of blood in healthy person,one will retain 8-10liters,which will put excess strain on heart muscles to pump it (which is 60-100 times/min). So early cardiomegaly and congestive cardiac failure chance will be more.

Again high volume of blood will exert more pressure on vascular structure,which in long run cause kidney failure,stroke,heart attack,eye bleeding and vision loss.

Sugar intake if exceed the natural consumption will be stored as glycogen and fats all over the body except brain and cause lots of changes... Fatty liver leading to liver failure,constrict blood vessels leading to stroke,heart attack,renal failure etc.

Excess sugar in blood will put un-necessary stress on Pancreas and develops Insulin resistance,hence diabetes.

So depending upon our output(in terms of work/exercise) we should take the food. Even protein,fats also contain calories,(will ultimately converted to sugar inside the body by liver).

So food intake on a whole should be regulated with 60% carbs,20-30% protein and 10-15% fats. still hungry? .fill with fibres/salads/fruits/water.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Namaste Anirvan,

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    Salt is not a factor for diabetes, but excess salt will cause high osmotic pressure
    and hence retain more water content in blood.so instead of normal 5-6lit of blood in healthy person,one will retain 8-10liters,which will put excess strain on heart muscles to pump it (which is 60-100 times/min). So early cardiomegaly and congestive cardiac failure chance will be more.

Again high volume of blood will exert more pressure on vascular structure,which in long run cause kidney failure,stroke,heart attack,eye bleeding and vision loss.

Sugar intake if exceed the natural consumption will be stored as glycogen and fats all over the body except brain and cause lots of changes... Fatty liver leading to liver failure,constrict blood vessels leading to stroke,heart attack,renal failure etc.

Excess sugar in blood will put un-necessary stress on Pancreas and develops Insulin resistance,hence diabetes.

So depending upon our output(in terms of work/exercise) we should take the food. Even protein,fats also contain calories,(will ultimately converted to sugar inside the body by liver).

So food intake on a whole should be regulated with 60% carbs,20-30% protein and 10-15% fats. still hungry? .fill with fibres/salads/fruits/water.
    Are you a doctor, Anirvan ? Your post has made me worried and I am afraid to read it all again ! But one thing is true. Even if I take all the care as doctor/Anirvan advises, I am still going to die !

(P.S. --That doesn't lessen the importance of having a good health and following your advice !)

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Anirvan,

Are you a doctor, Anirvan ? Your post has made me worried and I am afraid to read it all again ! But one thing is true. Even if I take all the care as doctor/Anirvan advises, I am still going to die !
    unfortunately yes ,(a MD doc from aiims)healthy diet is not at all difficult to follow.just adequate salt9 with no extra addition),pure veg foods/salads/fruits without sweets and fried items will be a balanced health diet.

its true that now days in urban population, majority of death is due to cardiac/renal complication-result of bad diet and sedentary life,top of it is alcohol/smoking.

Namaste
    Last edited by anirvan; 20 February 2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: correction
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

[QUOTE=anirvan;79104]
    unfortunately yes ,(a MD doc from aiims)healthy diet is not at all difficult to follow.just adequate salt9 with no extra addition),pure veg foods/salads/fruits without sweets and fried items will be a balanced health diet.

its true that now days in urban population, majority of death is due to cardiac/renal complication-result of bad diet and sedentary life,top of it is alcohol/smoking.
    OK, Anirvan. After your credentials are revealed, I have no option but to follow your advice ! BTW, my diet is pretty simple ... but I need to cut down on sugar intake.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    ........ excess salt will cause high osmotic pressure
    and hence retain more water content in blood.so instead of normal 5-6lit of blood in healthy person,one will retain 8-10liters
    If you can't control your salt intake, donate blood regularly, and more often than an average person, so as to not distress your pump?

Pranam.

Thread Information