Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advertising

Re: Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

Personally I believe that ads such as the one EM mentioned in Hinduism Today is fantastic and would like to see it extended to other publications as FFTW mentions above. My only caution is that the ad must be approved by satayji before it is placed and that it is done as seva (cost incurred,etc) by the person who would like to place it. Some desi papers may even run the ads for free in the community/religion sections so this may want to be explored. Thoughts?

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!
    Vannakkam c.smith: Just to clarify on this ... There was no ad taken out on HDF's behalf in Hinduism Today. They have a regular 'Digital Dharma' feature or page dedicated to Hinduism on-line, and we as well as several others got a brief mention, as part of a larger article. That was it.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om!

Thanks for the correction.

Would it be wise to solicit other Hindu publications to do the same? Just a thought.

Hari Om!

Posted the above in haste.

Yes, I do believe that Satay is correct. And as yajvan has stated, there are some forum members postings that I miss. But overall the problem remains - how do we "attract" contributers that will add substantial contributions to the forum? Is word of mouth enough? Perhaps that's all we have for now?

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

Thanks for the correction.

Would it be wise to solicit other Hindu publications to do the same? Just a thought.
    Vannakkam: I wouldn't, personally. Ads may be through the roof. Hinduism Today isn't primarily a money maker. There are several 'Asian' or 'Desi' newspapers that run bits on religion, but their focus is different. It's news about India, and they usually include Bollywood news, lots of politics, etc. We have an excellent local one here called Asian Times. Its about 70% ads and is given away for free; the ads pay for it. I have approached them about a column I'm working on.

Other Hindu publications are usually concentrated on a particular organisation, like 'Back to Godhead' has been ISKCON's magazine now for a very long time. Their primary purpose is to promote ISKCON.

I think the best thing is word of mouth, or linking. Slow but sure, and it's not really necessary at all.

Aum Namasivaya

A Google search of "hindu dharma forums" and "hindu forums" brings up "guess-what?" as the first hit. It did and does for me. That's how I found HDF.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Thread Information