Thread: Rajput Hindus vs muslim invaders

Rajput Hindus vs muslim invaders

Namaste,

Bryonji had requested a thread about hindus military struggle against muslims. I was already wanting to create such a thread myself.

I came across a channel on youtube that had several videos about rajputs being described by historians.

In this thread I want to compile the information of Rajputs' struggle against muslim invaders (or rather thugs )

I also hope contribution from others and discussions as well.

I would like to advise discretion. Some of the quotes can be rather distressing. This is certainly not a thread Id recommend for you to read when you are in a good mood.

Re: Rajput Hindus vs muslim invaders

HABIBULLAH ADMITS THAT IN INDIVIDUAL FIGHTING THE RAJPUTS SURPASSED THE TURKS ~ MUHAMMAD TARIQ AWAN

CHAND BARDAI OF LAHORE WRITES THAT PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN WAS BLINDED BY GHORI AND TO AVENGE HIS HUMILIATION CHAUHAN SHOT HIM DEAD ~ PRITHVIRAJ RASO

IN 738 C.E. NAGABHATTA PRATIHARA WITH HIS CHAUHAN AND GUHILOT FEUDATORIES DROVE THE MUSLIMS BACK TO SINDH - ANY PLACE OF REFUGE TO WHICH THE MUSLIMS MIGHT FLEE WAS NOT FOUND

in your opinion do you think this quote was strategically appropriate?

THE RAJPUTS STAKED EVERYTHING ON THE ISSUE OF A SINGLE BATTLE. THEY DID NOT MAKE ANY DISTINCTION BETWEEN A BATTLE AND A WAR. ~ A.B.M. HABIBULLAH

ELPHINSTONE, LANE-POOL, AND VA SMITH BELIEVED THAT SUCCESS OF THE MUSLIM WAS DUE TO THEIR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FORMER BEING CLANNISH.

*FORMER - RAJPUTS

IT IS WRITTEN IN TARIKH MOHAMMAD SHAHIH THAT AURANGZEB, ON HEARING THE NEWS OF JASWANT SINGH'S DEMISE, SAID - "THE DOOR OPPOSING THE ISLAMIC FAITH IN INDIA IS BROKEN

BATTLE OF DHARMAPUR: AURANGZEB / JASWANT SINGH RATHORE 1868

"TEN THOUSAND MUSLIMS FELL IN THE ONSET, WHICH COST SEVENTEEN HUNDRED RATHORES, BESIDES GUHILOTES, HARAS, GAURS ETC.

MURAD AND AURANGZEB ONLY ESCAPED BECAUSE THEIR DAYS WERE NOT YET NUMBERED"

"NOTWITHSTANGING THE IMMENSE SUPERIORITY OF THE MUGHAL PRINCES, AIDED BY NUMEROUS ARTILLERY SERVED BY FRENCHMEN, NIGHT ALONE PUT A CONTEST TO SCIENCE, NUMBERS, AND ARTILLERY, AGAINST RAJPUT COURAGE"

RATAN SINGH (SODHA) KILLED THE TAX COLLECTOR SAYID MUHAMMAD ALI FOR COMMITTING ATROCITIES AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF AMARKOT

THE RAJPUTS ARE ARE WILLING TO WAR AGAINST THE PATHANS OR REBELLIOUS MUGHAL NOBLES AND ARE PREFERRED OVER MUGHALS IN WARS ~ DONALD F. LACH

CHOMU THE SENIOR MOST THIKANA UNDER THE STATE OF JAIPUR WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONQUEST OF AFGHANISTAN

THE COLOURS CAPTURED FROM THE AFGHANS WERE INCORPORATED TO MAKE THE FAMOUS PANCHRANGA FLAG OF JAIPUR

IN 1679 MAHARANA RAJ SINGH OF MEWAR HELPED THE RATHORES DESPITE THE WARNINGS FROM AURANGZEB OF DIRE CONSEQUENCES ~ HISTORY OF MEWAR

KUNWAR JAI SINGH AND GANGADAS SHAKTAWAT OVERWHELMED THE MUGHAL ARMIES NEAR CHITTOD AND MASSACRED ONE THOUSAND MUGHAL SOLDIERS ~ HISTORY OF MEWAR

AS REPRAISAL FOR AURANGZEB'S DESTRUCTION OF ONE THOUSAND HINDU TEMPLES AT MEWAR, BHIM SINGH MEWAR JOINED FORCES WITH RATHOD RAJA OF IDAR DRIVING OUT THE MUGHALS FROM GUJARAT AND DESTROYING OVER 200 MOSQUES

BTW, did you catch the Rajput vs. Roman Centurion episode of Dealiest Warrior the other day? That show is so historically inaccurate(*), it makes me yell at the screen...

...but it is fun to watch their weapons tests. (i.e., they answer burning questions like: "Can a chakram actually decapitate a human?" and "Just how badass is a khanda...really?")

(*) Don't even get me started...especially on the absolute BS "Alexander vs. Attila" episode where they "tested" the "Sword of Mars"...a completely legendary weapon that we know basically nothing about, against the real cavalry swords of the Macedonian army. Might as well have compared it to Andúril, the sword of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings... Jeez.

Oh, and I haven't read this yet, but I thought that this thread might be a good place to link it:

Heroic Hindu Resistance to Muslim Invaders
    (636 AD to 1206 AD) by Sita Ram Goel

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    BTW, did you catch the Rajput vs. Roman Centurion episode of Dealiest Warrior the other day? That show is so historically inaccurate(*), it makes me yell at the screen...
    I tracked it down on youtube and I feel more stupid for watching it. What a waste of time. You can not compare the two, two different eras and fighting styles. Also, why a Centurion? they were typically much older and less armoured than the troops of the line who wore lorica segmentata not the lorica hamata. Speaking of which, I've never seen a roman fragment of lorica hamata that was not riveted unlike the butted mail they used in the example.

Quote Originally Posted by Darji View Post
    I tracked it down on youtube and I feel more stupid for watching it. What a waste of time. You can not compare the two, two different eras and fighting styles. Also, why a Centurion? they were typically much older and less armoured than the troops of the line who wore lorica segmentata not the lorica hamata. Speaking of which, I've never seen a roman fragment of lorica hamata that was not riveted unlike the butted mail they used in the example.
    Yeah, my wife makes fun of me for watching the show, and it makes me so angry...but there is something strangely satisfying about watching weapons demonstrations.

But yeah, the entire "logic" of the show is ridiculous, and the choices of weapons to test equally ludicrous. (I mean, 'cause...like...if I were a centurion...I'd totally be operating a scorpion...)

And the Alexander vs. Attila episode was the most preposterous yet. I mean, why compare two people who were GENERALS? I mean, the reason that Alexander was so good and conquering was not because his frickin' sword was better designed than someone else's! (And for Pete's sake, the most important weapon in Alexander's army was the SARISSA...not the cavalry lance....) Comparing Alexander and Attila is like devoting an episode of Deadliest Warrior to "General Patton vs. Marshal Zhukov." (Though that would make for a pretty amusing fight at the end...)

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post

...but it is fun to watch their weapons tests. (i.e., they answer burning questions like: "Can a chakram actually decapitate a human?" and "Just how badass is a khanda...really?")

(*) Don't even get me started...especially on the absolute BS "Alexander vs. Attila" episode where they "tested" the "Sword of Mars"...a completely legendary weapon that we know basically nothing about, against the real cavalry swords of the Macedonian army. Might as well have compared it to Andúril, the sword of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings... Jeez.
    Tbh I dont know much about the Rajputs nor their weapons. But I found that to be rather lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7Y7VpMJI4

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    Tbh I dont know much about the Rajputs nor their weapons. But I found that to be rather lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7Y7VpMJI4
    Those final videos are the worst part of the show.

Not that any of it is really "good" per se.

But the scripted battles at the end are always full of lulz.

errr... im pretty sure that the guy they hired for their show is not a real life Rajput. A real Rajput speaks with tenacity and arrogance. This guy was on the verge of tears and being overdramatic.

And lmao whats up with the Sikh? hes like some extra prop that completes the ethnic feel?

Sikhs hate Rajputs. Especially the Jatts.

Gatka Sikh is different from Rajput way of fighting. No Rajput would ever accept a Sikh advising on the ways of his kin. And neither would Sikhs care for Rajputs.

to what the guy says at 3:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBfc_DWrP8

The reason why the Rajputs did not set their sights farther and went around conquering other lands and peoples was because

1) they were too busy fighting with each other
    2) hereditary disputes
    3) their romantic notions of warfare
    4) religion being a set-back. As Sita Ram Goel has put, due to their rules and rituals they were at a heavy disadvantage
    5) their idea of Kshatriya Dharma. Very much unlike the brutal muhammadans who go out on an all out siege destroying anything and everything and stopping at nothing
    6) they saw no reason to conquer mlecchas
    Last edited by Kumar_Das; 31 May 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Thread Information