Thread: Guru Ketu Conjuction

Guru Ketu Conjuction

Om Tatsat,

Does Guru/Ketu conjuction always makes a native aethist. If so what is the reason bedhind this? Guru being the planet of wisdom and Ketu being the planet of spirituality it should be the other way around right.

I know I'm missing some thing here but I know few charts having this combination who are aethist or non belivers of god/religion.

Appreciate thoughts from the learned members.

Thanks
    Krishna

Re: Guru Ketu Conjuction

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Om Tatsat,

Does Guru/Ketu conjuction always makes a native aethist. If so what is the reason bedhind this? Guru being the planet of wisdom and Ketu being the planet of spirituality it should be the other way around right.

I know I'm missing some thing here but I know few charts having this combination who are aethist or non belivers of god/religion.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Greetings,

Ketu is also associated with loss.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

Hi

I dont think so.Ketu/Guru conjucntion in 12th house will make a person more spiritual.He will face lot of issues on wordly affairs which would force him to do bhakthi more.Lot depends on other planet positions also.

My sister has Guru/Ketu conjunction in 5th house in Kanya. She believes in god 100% although she never actually worships god (due to lack of time and inclination for the same). At one time though, she used to worship Sri Narasimha deva reciting his sloka 12 times everyday! But in general she can be described as a somewhat lethargic person and due to this reason, she is not practicing devotion, although she visits temples. She has faith in god despite this conjunction. If I am right, even planet Venus is a giver of devotion and she has a strong Venus posited as Lagnesh in Lagna in Rishaba and this could be the reason. IMO, Guru-Rahu has more pronounced results of Guru-chandala yoga - but this is just from hearsay..
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Om Tatsat,

Thanks
    Krishna
    Greetings,
    The ruler of Ketu probably also has to be taken into account. If the ruler of Ketu is in, say, the 9th house, that would imply a greater tendency to believe in God.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

Om Tat Sat,

Thanks for all your views. I know few persons having Guru/Kethu in Mesha with Simha Lagna and they kind of become aethist or non believer of god eventually during mid of their life. Guru being the 5th Lord for Simha Lagna and great friend of Sun with a placement in 9th house it shouldn't be this way as per normal terms. Thats why I thought of checking on this.

Thanks
    Krishna

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

The 12th house is also called the house of self-undoing ( note this is small 's' and therefore related to the small 'me', bounded individual).
    The 12th is a house of loss - pending what one loses can be favorable or unfavorable. That said, with ketu and jupiter in the 12th there
    is an indication of a low attraction to the material side of life. If it is there it is there to support one's spiritual pursuits.
    Yet one must consider what 12th house we're talking about i.e. from the lagna, or ārūḍha¹ lagna or the 12th that is in the navaṃśa (1/9th division) divisional chart.

If were are in navaṃśa chart then a most interesting thing can be seen ( so says jaimini-muni¹) from the 12th house. One needs to read chapter 1, 2nd pada for jaimini-muni's insights on this matter. Then one begins to look at the 12th house from the karakaṃśa and the lagnaṃśa. When ( or if ) these two conjoin i.e. karakaṃśa and the lagnaṃśa then one is set for Self-actualization.

iti śivaṁ

words

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

I think guru ketu conjunction does not make a person an atheist. Infact, some great saints have been found to have this conjunction. May be some other yogas in the horoscope might have made those people atheists.

9. Re: Guru Ketu Conjuction

Om Tatsat,

Thanks
    Krishna
    Greetings KrishnaTVM,
    I have the Ketu Guru conjunction in my chart and I can tell you with certainity that I am in no way an aethist. In fact I am a 100% believer in God or the Divine. I know a couple of other people with this conjunction and they are very spiritual in their outlook, and have a keen interest specially in the Hindu teachings, although they are not Hindu by birth. My take on this conjunction is that Guru Ketu conjunction is great for those on the Path of Knowlege (Gnyana Yoga). I certainly have leanings towards the path of knowledge. I believe this is also called the Ganapathi Yoga (I hope the learned astrologers on this forum will correct me if I am wrong). So my humble opinion is that the Guru Ketu conjunction is great for spirituality.

Thread Information