Thread: Simple Saraswati Puja/prayers for school?

Simple Saraswati Puja/prayers for school?

I was wondering if there is a simple puja or some sort of ritual or prayer that would be quick enough to do before classes in the morning (30 mins or less prefferably). I have been looking around but can only find long puja directions and I don't know what to take out to make it more simple. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Let us worship Him, the pure-formed One, the cloud which, emitting a rain of unthinkable joy, satiates the hearts and eyes of its followers, as if millions of rain clouds had poured down, the stay of the Great Silence, called by many names, described by many religions, the embodiment of ineffable degrees of spiritual happiness.

Re: Simple Saraswati Puja/prayers for school?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellasaur View Post
    I was wondering if there is a simple puja or some sort of ritual or prayer that would be quick enough to do before classes in the morning (30 mins or less prefferably). I have been looking around but can only find long puja directions and I don't know what to take out to make it more simple. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Vannakkam Danielle: A puja can be as short or as long as you want it to be. Lots of people might just say one prayer, like the Ganapati Gayatri, wave a flame, take it to their eyes, and go. So its up to you to decide. Personally, I think the important thing is to do something.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om

Namaste Daniellasaur,

Take many assumptions from your inquiry, and I apologize to you and others here if I have wrong:

This very precious thirty minutes is awesome time, not a chore. Suggest shoot for twenty minutes or shorten the time you think you have to help you feel more free from restraint or to even wake up earlier. Think consider what has been meanifngful for you to this point and choose from there. For instance, ten minutes of simple meditation, mediation on the Lord, formal chant and prayer, and offering from heart in some form.

Regardless, I wish you the best in your time devoted. This time is a gift to you.

Om Shanti.

FFTW

The deities love any kind of loving devotion, be it 30 minutes or 30 seconds. The idea is loving devotion. So, to that end, what you could do is this:

Have a nice picture of Maa Saraswati and Lord Ganesha in a nice place, maybe a small table or on top of a low bookcase (She is, after all Goddess of knowledge). Put a small tea light candle and a small incense holder with either a short incense stick, or the cone type in front of Their images. If you have a tiny bell, you can ring it before and after your prayer ceremony, but it's not essential. Light the candle and the incense, and say the prayers (I think the Gayatri mantra should also be said, others may disagree):

Lord Ganesha who is garbed in white and is all pervading;
    With a moonlike complexion and four arms.
    Upon that ever smiling and pleasing face
    do I meditate and ask that He remove all obstacles.

Om bhur bhuvah svaha
    Tat Savitur varenyam
    Bhargo devasya dhimahi
    Dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

Fair as a jasmine flower, the moon or a flake of snow,
    Dressed in white, Her hands adorned by the graceful veena staff,
    Adored by Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, and the other deities,
    Protect me, O Goddess Saraswati, remover of ignorance inert.

O Goddess Saraswati, salutations to you, the giver of boons, the
    one who fulfills all desires. I begin my studies. May there
    always be accomplishments for me.

Offer the light to Maa Saraswati and Lord Ganesha by circling it clockwise 3 times in front of Their images. Cup your hands over the light then bring them to your forehead to receive the blessed light from the God and Goddess. Do a namaskār to Them:

When the hand position is higher, it usually means reverence and/or worship. The expression with hands placed on top of one's head is usually the sign of utmost reverence or respect.
    Don't blow out the candle (breath is impure), but wave your hand to extinguish it.

I don't think it needs to be any more elaborate than that. I believe They will be thrilled to receive such a humble and heartfelt, loving devotion.

You can find many beautiful images of the deities on the internet. You can right click to save them, then print them out on photo quality paper, or have someone do it for you (save it to cd and let Staples or Kinko's, etc. do it), then get nice frames.
    Last edited by Jainarayan; 24 January 2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste,

Here is youtube video for Maa Sarswati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxkcuf_NOCM

Hope this helps you, with that you need to do your for your classes.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Thanks everyone I love doing some sort of puja or meditation in the morning. It is always a good start to the day!
    Let us worship Him, the pure-formed One, the cloud which, emitting a rain of unthinkable joy, satiates the hearts and eyes of its followers, as if millions of rain clouds had poured down, the stay of the Great Silence, called by many names, described by many religions, the embodiment of ineffable degrees of spiritual happiness.

I'm kind of late to the post, but as someone else who is also rushing to school only a regular basis this was thread is very helpful to me.

I love Maa Saraswati

for my self, puja for Maa Saraswati is in morning
    Then simple, i only make offerings (much is lamp)
    Namaskara to Her
    Hand gesture, and visualize She bless me and entire family, then entiere universe with withe pure wisdom light
    Then chant Her mantra (include name in mantra)
    Then doing merit dedication.
    Then namaskara again
    complete

Offcourse there are have more complex version of Puja or more simple version of puja. Do it with love and we will blessed. She look at our heart.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Namast,

A sweet morning prayer for when you wake up, before you get out of bed, is to close your eyes and say:

karāgre vasate lakṣmī, kara-madhye sarasvatī |
    kara-mūle sthitā gaurī, mangalaṃ kara-darśanaṃ ||

Then open your eyes, look at your hands, and smile.

The translation and a nice description of this prayer is here. Certainly, it's very simple and won't take much time at all!

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Namaste,

Some more Stuti are here.

http://www.slideshare.net/shashikgp/...ook-in-english
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Thread Information