Thread: Significance of D60 (shashtiamsa) chart

Significance of D60 (shashtiamsa) chart

Dear Scholars,

I've heard that Shastiamsa chart is ranked by Parashara to be even higher than rasi and navamsa. What's it exactly, is it simply about our past life patterns, where we were going in our last birth, and how it's gonna influence our lives in this birth?

More importantly, Parashara has said 'look into D60 for all matters, since it represents sanchita karma.' But sanchita karma doesn't just pertain to one life, this particular life of the native, it's the storehouse of all karmas for the jiva. So does this mean D60 represents the karma to be done by the jiva in successive births, and not just this one birth?

I am pressed for time lately, so I cannot study lengthy material, so I'd need something short and crisp. Hope learned members can help. Suresh
    Last edited by yajvan; 22 August 2007 at 11:02 AM.

Re: Significance of D60 (shashtiamsa) chart

Hari Om
    ~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    Dear Scholars,

I've heard that Shastiamsa chart is ranked by Parashara to be even higher than rasi and navamsa. What's it exactly, is it simply about our past life patterns, where we were going in our last birth, and how it's gonna influence our lives in this birth?

More importantly, Parashara has said 'look into D60 for all matters, since it represents sanchita karma.' But sanchita karma doesn't just pertain to one life, this particular life of the native, it's the storehouse of all karmas for the jiva. So does this mean D60 represents the karma to be done by the jiva in successive births, and not just this one birth?

I am pressed for time lately, so I cannot study lengthy material, so I'd need something short and crisp. Hope learned members can help. Suresh
    Namaste Suresh,
    A few notes...
    The D60 is extremely sensitive to ones birth time and needs rectification by vigati principles... that is D60 is 1/60th division of a 30° rasi or 30 second of an arc varga chart. Note that the earth moves 00°15'00'' degrees per minute. Why do I bother to mention this ? 30 seconds or 1/2° = 60 divisions per rasi X 12 rasi = 720 divisions in the D60 chart.
    So ones birth hart time has to be accurate or the D60 chart is Not useful. that is my point.

Next - this is considered a harmonic chart. Each time one looks at a divisional chart it is goes beyond the physical attributes of the native... So the rasi chart is the physical world then multiples of the rasi chart one goes deeper into consciousness or to past life conditions.

So here's the lay of the land:
    1st cycle - Physical level of Creation [D1 to D12 charts]
    2nd cycle - Conscious level [ D13 to D24]
    3rd Cycle - Sub-Conscious level ( I am not a fan of this word sub-conscious and like finer levels of Being, yet lets us it for this post) [ D25 to D36 charts]
    4th cycle - Super-conscious level [D36 to D48]
    5th cycle - Supra-conscious level [D48 to D60]

Last, Parashara Groups the Divisional charts: Shad Varga (6 charts), Sapta varga (7 charts), Dasa Varga (10 charts), Shodasa Varga (16 charts); the 16th divisional chart does not appear in the list of important charts till Shodasa charts are called out. There are few jyotishi on this earth today that have mastered all 16 varga implications and meanings; to know one, you are blessed.

Point of Consideration: In the Brihat Jataka of Varaha Mihira , a luminary in Jyotish, deals with Shadvargas (the 6 divisional charts) and their order of importance:
    Rasi
    Navamsa
    Drekkana
    Hora
    Dwadasamsa
    Trisamsa
    By this a jyotisa that is excellent in these areas of promise in this life, the potential of the individual and the materialization of these areas coming to be.

When one looks to the D60 chart, a very useful tool, Sarvarth Chintmani by Vyankatesh Sharma looks to the Shadvarga (6 charts) and adds the D60 chart to his level of importance.

Each 1/60th division is given a quality - Ghora, Rakshasa, Deva, Kubera ....ending with Chandra rekha on the last 1/60th division. Pending an odd or even sign this list can go backwards of forward. This informs the jyotisha of the influence on the native per that graha that occupies this 1/60th division.

What does parashara say (BPHS 7.41) - Graha's in subha or benevolent positions give good results or influences; those in kroora (malefic) divisions give evil results.
    So one needs to be aware of the influence of each of the 60 divisional owners to crack the code on what the D60 chart says about past life implications. That is , a subha or kroora in the 9th rasi in the D60 chart needs to be understood; as with each graha, by 1/60th division by 12 rasi's. Then this needs to be cross referenced with the D9 chart - or Dharma-amsa for this life and the influence combined for the prediction of the Jyotishi to be valueable and bear fruit... Piece of cake, eh?

One only need to look at the D60 Chart of Adolph Hitler and the mis-use of shakti, and Rahu destroying the 9th house. And you will see a Bhrasta or fallen person with a STRONG Ruckak Mahapururush Yoga ( too much fire tattva). Then compare it to a saint Chitanya Mahaprabhu and one see Amrita. The 9th is a key bhava for D60.

side note:
    Regarding studying Jyotish. This is a long, and in-depth process. There is no "Jyotish fast lane' of learning that I know of. So , what you are looking for is not so much a study, but an inquiry to various components of this science.
    Perhaps this is your level of interest? And we on HDF will try and help at this level of interest.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 26 August 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaskara Yajvan,

Thank you for your response. You've given me a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    5th cycle - Supra-conscious level [D48 to D60]
    I am not sure what you mean by supra-conscious. How is it related to past lives?

So ones birth hart time has to be accurate or the D60 chart is Not useful. that is my point.
    But is it true that with a faulty birth time, only the lagna and house will change but planetary positions with respect to signs will remain the same? Wouldn't that at least give a fair idea?

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    side note:
    Regarding studying Jyotish. This is a long, and in-depth process. There is no "Jyotish fast lane' of learning that I know of. So , what you are looking for is not so much a study, but an inquiry to various components of this science.
    Perhaps this is your level of interest? And we on HDF will try and help at this level of interest.
    pranams,
    Thanks. Yes, the stuff about past life has always fascinated me, particularly how it relates to the present. It'll give a good idea as to how things are moving, spiritually and otherwise.

Thread Information