Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Group helps alleviate Christian Dogmatism while sharing faith

Facebook Group helps alleviate Christian Dogmatism while sharing faith

Namaste

There is a facebook group by Gaurahari Das called "Born Again Christians for Krishna"

where he gives talks about how Jesus's msg was to follow him, the Guru to reach Krishna (Bhagvan). He says Jesus is Guru Tattva, and so are numerous from SanAtan Dharma (implying Jesus is not the only one, so Christians can break out of that thinking, and this can alleviate the Christian dogmatism).
    So he emphasizes that Jesus was telling them to follow the word of the Guru (Son) to reach the Father (Krishna). He invites born again Christians (and everyone else) to hear the message of Krishna Consciousness as taught by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PrabhupAd. Some who are open to it, do take up Krishna bhakti without having to sacrifice any principles of svadharma from their side.

Incidentally, Jesus and his 12 disciples were vegetarian from their side http://www.jesusveg.org/ and as someone (i think TheOne) has pointed out here, the early Gnostic teachings were quite different, and the early languages like Hebrew and Greek do not get translated into English accurately, and we come up with translations that look dogmatic and narrow.

This post is not trying to compare the two dharmas, certainly Jesus's msg (The NEw Testament) was a far simpler and a much smaller subset that tried to bring some love and order to people, and applied to the desha (place/country - Mediterranean), kAla (time/era), pAtra (Isrealites / Jews). In SanAtan Dharma, we learn that a principle may be applied taking into consideration desh, kAla, pAtra. Let us all follow SanAtan DharmAchAr please.

Jai Shri KrushNa
    praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: Facebook Group helps alleviate Christian Dogmatism while sharing faith

My main gripe would be regarding the adulterations of the Bible done for political reasons throgh several councils (the ones we know about)... Can you base a spiritual life on this?

However I'd say it's a nice thing... People trailing this path will eventually have deeper philosophical questionings and end up in SD.

But we shouldn't ignore this is also an strategy of ISKCON to introduce Krishna Consciousness to christians.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 15 March 2011 at 06:20 PM.

Namaste Pietro,

All points noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    But we shouldn't ignore this is also an strategy of ISKCON to introduce Krishna Consciousness to christians.
    Perhaps you are right, but i don't think so. We can't conclude it is ISKCON. Gaurahari Das is doing this at a very personal level without involving ISKCON, and i don't believe he is in the GBC. Plus, he never asks anyone to give up their original dharma, simply shares Lord Chaitanya stories, 6 Goswamis, other VaishNav kathAs and Shrila PRabhupAd's message on You Tube and UStream. Also, talks to Krishna devotees on how they are neglecting such a simple message of following the Guru's instructions 100%. So it is both ways. The audience is varied, not just Christian. In fact, those who were not interested would not join the group or would simply not tune in.

Jai Shri KrushNa
    praNAm

Smaranam, I don't say this in a bad sense. Don't get me wrong.

I just perceive it as ISKCON trying to reach out to the christians. But of course I may be wrong.

Gaurahari Das also made me realize that some people really FEEL something for Jesus, something I, born in Brazil, a country where catholicism is the dominant religion, never felt. I was raised in a Kardecist family, dealing early with concepts such as reincarnation and karma.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 15 March 2011 at 11:26 PM.

This is disgusting; diluting Christian teachings with superior Hindu ones. It will ultimately fail.

The strength of that demonic religion's teachings lie in white/Western supremacy. Christianity will gasp its final breath when the West falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    This is disgusting; diluting Christian teachings with superior Hindu ones. It will ultimately fail.

The strength of that demonic religion's teachings lie in white/Western supremacy. Christianity will gasp its final breath when the West falls.
    Namaste Rationalist,
    NO. I dont want west to FALL, ever.

However, I do want the western christians allay our concern of being sent to hell , for starters. So they must shut down the hell permanently, which they have built exclusively for hindus among some others, like hapless Buddhists etc....
    when they are ready to shut down even the Guantanamo where some killing machines are lodged, then it makes lot of sense to take that much needed first step as an interfaith gesture

Shanti

I don't care what the Christians do, but I like to think of Hinduism as a honest religion. Do these acharyas really believe that Jesus was a guru who was preaching about Krishna, if not then why tell lies in order to convert people. Keep it real, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I don't care what the Christians do, but I like to think of Hinduism as a honest religion. Do these acharyas really believe that Jesus was a guru who was preaching about Krishna, if not then why tell lies in order to convert people. Keep it real, that's all.
    Namaste Sahasranama,

I would not generalize and club all "these acharyas". In this case, GaurahariJi himself comes from a Christian family. Like him, there are many others who voluntarily walked into the door and said "This is it! I have found it (my home) finally." He shares how faith in Jesus (and not hostility or antagonism) led him to KrshNa's door and many others say that. This is because, the Christian Bible does not answer many questions the jidnyAsus among them had as children , which SanAtan Dharma answers, of course.
    (As many here know, research shows that ONLY FIFTEEN PERCENT of what is attributed to Jesus's words are actually Jesus's words - like semon of the mount.).

They do not think Jesus is THE God (as Paul or whoever spread later on), but Son of God i.e. a very pure and empowered devotee and vibhuti of God as the Brahma BhUta bhakta with no desires of his own, KRushNa describes in Bh Gita. Empowered, hence shaktyavesha avatAr, with the ashta siddhis of anima laghima , walking on water etc.

Here is a website that talks about it in detail : OMJESUS_NET It also proves through Bhagavad Gita verses how Jesus is not 100% GOD Himself as in the 100% Original Candle, and never claimed to be one. The Oneness of "I and my Father are one" is his tadAtmiktA.

Jai Shri KRushNa
    praNAm

P.S. For those who would rather believe Jesus never existed, he gave me darshan once - flash of a second darshan...
    A few years before this, Shirdi Sai Baba did the same thing. At both times - middle of the night - i was scared.

P.S. For those who would rather believe Jesus never existed, he gave me darshan once - flash of a second darshan...
    A few years before this, Shirdi Sai Baba did the same thing. At both times - middle of the night - i was scared.

Chant hanuman chalisa and bajrang ban, no more bhutas and pretas will show up.

Perhaps i do not have to reply to this. This was many years ago. I said i was scared only because it was sudden and unexpected. In fact, they have so much vAtsalya in them, they only come to bless. Some Gurus who have left the body also visit disciples in dreams to guide and bless.

Bhutas and pretas - is a totally different matter. Since ShyAmsundar is with me, and the KRushNa Mahamantra in addition, there are no bhutas around - that is KrushNa's promise. But yes, Hanuman Chalisa is good, HanumanJi Himself, KRushNa sends him too.

Moral of the story: Never share such things. I beg forgiveness of those personalities and of Shri KRushNa.

Thread Information